Who's got a front reflector on their bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I've just noticed that I have a front reflector attached to the handlebar. I don't need this on, do I? I've got lights already.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Cheers, Reg.
So I can ditch the reflector, right? I have a Cateye EL-something-or-other on the front.

cannondale boy

Über Member
On my commuting bike i have reflectors as i need them when it gets dark. On my racer though, i don't need them as i am always out when its daylight. I go out with the club at the weekends and all the cyclists don't have reflectors, they probably think it weighs them down to much :becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How long have you had the bike. Do tell me you've not had it long.....only just noticed the reflector............
I use reflective tape on my forks of the commuting bike

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
fossyant said:
How long have you had the bike. Do tell me you've not had it long.....only just noticed the reflector............
I use reflective tape on my forks of the commuting bike
Mate, a year! It was sort of pointing downwards so it was below the level of the h'bars, so didn't really notice it :becool:

I do notice things like chains snapping, tho...Cheers Fossy.

Tynan

Veteran
still got the front one after fifteen years, can't do any harm, might do some good and it costs nothing

Maz said:
I think I'll add 10 more and make it look like a Lambretta.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My old Dawes commuter has one that fixes on an angled bracket to the right fork. When I first got the bike, I thought it was an archaic accessory and removed it. Nowadays, knowing better, it wears it with pride :biggrin:.

:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
I remember those, cor

Mine bolts through the mounting for the front mudguard, above the wheel, don;t bother no-on

ratty2k

As mentioned earlier, reflective tape on the forks and headtube.
And a VERY bright light...... but apparently that still makes me invisible to some people!

Iceniner

I left my front one on and cabled my computer onto it so it wasnt taking up any more space than if it wasnt there, I figured it might help a little bit. Ive got two front lights (Like mags a busch muller ixon IQ and then a blinkey) and a helmet light (Cateye el450) with reflective tape over the frame and over my entire helmet .... and STILL some stupid driver pulled out infront of me on the roundabout :biggrin: when it was my right of way.

Does anyone know the Annual carnival they have in Somerset, (Taunton, Shepton, Wells and Glastonbury) me thinks i need to be like the floats to get noticed!

http://www.orchard-farm.co.uk/IMGP7463.JPG for those of you who havent seen it before.

Top Bottom