Who's in your all time super group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I am not sure about my entire line up, but I'd start with Earl Scruggs (Blue grass) as banjo player, and I think Steven Morris (Joy Division) as drummer.

Edit: I am toying with Jacqueline du Pre on celllo. I know she's classical, but Elgar is pretty near rock and roll.

Lead guitarist: either Joey Santiago from The Pixies or John McGeoch sometimes off Siouxie and the Banshees.

Bass: either John Dalton from the Kinks (not an original member so suspect ex-studio musician), Paul McCartney who TBF was an alright bassist and multi-talented musician in his day, or Bruce Foxton of The Jam. I think he later filled in with Stiff Little Fingers. He's used to being out of his league, plus all those jumps in the air - first class.

Vocals: most difficult choice. There's nothing worse than a weak voice, but good voices are ten a penny. I was thinking something regional and distinctive and The Proclaimers came to mind. I don't agree with their Scots' Nationalism, but they are distinctive. But then there's Matt Munro.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
John Deacon on bass.
Under stated excellence.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If you need evidence that super groups are doomed to failure, have a peek at this sad offering.

[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y[/media]

Prince had the decency to show them all the error of their ways.

Prince rather steals that one, brilliantly imho

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Prince rather steals that one, brilliantly imho

Tom Petty leads it nicely.

Jeff Lynne can't sing - who knew? - perhaps the song didn't suit him.

Not sure what Dhani Harrison does, other than count the royalties.

Who is on keyboards?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Grace Slick and Paul Kantner on vocal & guitar, during the Jefferson Airplane era.
Bass? Glenn Cornick of Jethro Tull.
Drums... Either Ginger Baker or Jon Hiseman of Colosseum.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Freddie Mercury -vocals
John Bonham -drums
Bass -Flea
Guitar -BB King

Not a bad lineup. I admit I was tempted to put more Led Zepp in there though.

Top Bottom