Who's in your all time super group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Not sure what Dhani Harrison does, other than count the royalties.?
It was his dads induction concert for the Rock and Roll hall of fame, so we can probably forgive him

It would be interesting to see a Sons of Beatles Band. With Dhani Harrison, Julian Lennon, Zak Starky. Stella McCartney can do the costumes.

winjim

Smash the cistern
All these supergroups are a bit small for my liking. Better more musicians who can play what they want to play with the guys and girls who suit the track best. I'll stick to the living....
Drums: Mike Bordin (Faith No More), Bill Ward (Black Sabbath), Brann Dailor (Mastodon)
Bass: Flea, Les Claypool (Primus), Tina Weymouth (Talking Heads/Tom Tom Club)
Guitars: Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction), Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Kerry King (Slayer), James Hetfield (Metallica), Josh Homme (QOTSA), Geordie Walker (Killing Joke)
Keyboards/Vocals/Guitars/whatever else they fancied playing: Trent Reznor (NIN et al), Al Jourgensen (Ministry et al)
Keyboards: Aphex Twin, Jean-Michel Jarre, Ralf Hütter (Kraftwerk), Alec Empire (Atari Teenage Riot)
DJ: DJ Shadow
Vocals: Iggy Pop, Shirley Manson (Garbage), Till Lindemann (Rammstein), Mike Patton (Faith No More), Nivek Ogre (Skinny Puppy), Debbie Harry, Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke), Chuck D [plus all of the others who do vocals]
Chuck in Tom Morello, the RZA and El-P, and you're sorted.

Oh yeah, and Vince Clarke. And don't put Aphex on 'keyboards'. Just give him a full track to fark with as he pleases. And put Squarepusher on bass.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Dave Group is sensible, as he doesn't drum and sing at the same time. To do so is an abomination.
Brann Dailor does, very well.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tommy Bolin - Guitar
Billy Gibbons - Guitar
Ginger Baker - Drums
Norman Watt-Roy - Bass
John Lord - Keys
Dave Gahan - Vocals

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you need evidence that super groups are doomed to failure, have a peek at this sad offering.

[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y[/media]

Prince had the decency to show them all the error of their ways.

Have to (mainly) agree with your sentements.
Over the years there have been a number of "super groups" but few of them really worked for me. I recall people going crazy for Cream with Ginger Baker & Eric Clapton etc. All great musicians but as a group I just didnt enjoy it.
Many of the suggestions in this thead are great as individuals but I cant see them working together eg Joe Cocker with Phil Collins etc.
But I think its a good thread though.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
And whatever happens the drummer absolutely must not ever sing. That's simply against God's grand plan.
You'd be wrong on that one...
Karen-Carpenter.jpg

Again.

Top Bottom