Who's next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So I've been and am back at home FOREVER. BTFB is out at the moment...who's next on the tour rota that we can help plan??

I need someone else's tour to daydream about...

I've got a tour planned, but it's still a daydream, and the girlfriend doesn't know about it yet!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
So I've been and am back at home FOREVER. BTFB is out at the moment...who's next on the tour rota that we can help plan??

I need someone else's tour to daydream about...

I'm off next Monday. I'm starting at Edinburgh and heading south along the North Sea Cycle Route, I might branch off at Berwick to do the Pennine Cycle Way or at Newcastle to do the Reiver's Route, or Whitby to do the W2W route or at Hull to do the Transpennine cycle route.

I've just taken delivery of some s/h Altura Orkney panniers with enhanced water proofing and cap[acity for all of the maps that I'll be talking with me :tongue:

I've only got an eight day slot before I have to jet off to Crete for a family holiday.

I might then try to slot in another week's worth of touring.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Does the Devon Coast to Coast count ... my first mini tour really ... the map arrived today ... now to plan how I break it up into sections.

goo_stewart

I am planning Hanoi to Chiang Mai via those big bastard mountains in Laos. I think I may be camping this time around so I may need some camping advice. The first question is where can I get a cheap, ultra light tent and where do you guys pack it on your bike?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
goo_stewart said:
I am planning Hanoi to Chiang Mai via those big bastard mountains in Laos. I think I may be camping this time around so I may need some camping advice. The first question is where can I get a cheap, ultra light tent and where do you guys pack it on your bike?

I don't think that there is such a thing as a cheap ultralight tent you normally only get two out of the following three qualities: cheap, durable, lightweight.

Have a look at www.cheaptents.co.uk for a range of tents of varying weights and prices, you just might find something that meets your needs there.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm off on Thursday. Hooray!!!

Me and Mrs rich p are getting a new ferry which goes from Newhaven to Le Havre and spending 2 weeks cycling through Brittany and then east along the Loire and then back up to Dieppe.

The beauty of Newhaven (dump though it is) is that I can cycle to and from it from home so no other transport is required at all.

ps. goo, I carry the tent on the top of the rack tied on with a bungee. Mines a Laselarge 3 which sleeps 2 comfortably and weighs just about 2 kilos. It does cost £300 so as Vernon rightly says- 2 out of 3

jay clock

Massive member
On the tent front I just got a Decathlon tent which knocks a few hundred grams off my North Face

here it is http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/t2-ultralight-pro-3244110/ it says 2kg but is actually 1.87kg (amazing that they overstate it)

On the tour front, I have a possible cunning plan for summer 2009 - cycle 350km in 2 days from St Malo to Poitiers to stay with my other half at her sister's for a couple of days, then whiz down to just inside Spain for a week with my daughters by the sea. Around 3 weeks if I can swing it. Plus I normally have a week with a mate somewhere warm in the spring. But I never have enough holiday

domtyler

Über Member
I'm doing a ten day family thing in Bavaria in August, me and my wife and kid and my parents. It is a package thing rather than a proper tour though with our baggage being transported from hotel to hotel for us every night. :smile:

Still looking forward to it though, should be good fun.

Top Bottom