Who's next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
think so thats a long way how long do you reckon it will take ,are you going to camp all the way .

dragon72

Guru
Everybody's tours sound awesome.

As for me, Marseille to Bilbao, flying out on the 31st of July, booze-cruise back on the 16th of August, camping-eating-drinking-climbing-descending in between.

Rough route: Marseille-Montpellier-Beziers-Carcassonne-Toulouse-ArgelesGazost via Tourmalet-StJeanPdP-Pamplona-VitoriaGasteiz-Bilbao

As I'm a schoolteacher, I've found an easy source of sponsors in the form of my pupils, so I'm doing it for SportRelief. After 1 day of fundraising I've got £150 already!! The kids think I'm nuts. I think I'm lucky. It's great that I'll be able to raise dosh for charity for something I would have done as a holiday anyway.

Can't bleedin wait.

Cathryn, I'll be making a bee-line for that plate of cassoulet you showed on your blog! Why do I always seem to gain weight on these tours, I wonder...

jags said:
think so thats a long way how long do you reckon it will take ,are you going to camp all the way .

Yep, it is a long way to go! Three months, possibly, and tenting in bear/snake-free areas only! :blush:

Lots to plan and organize, so I won't discuss it too much yet; as I said, action speaks louder than words! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Dragon, don't go the way we did between Montpellier and Beziers. It was no fun. Avoid the lure of the sea and stay inland as it's really not nice.

We went the other direction, but from your end it would be:

Montpellier
SW to
Villeneuve les Maguelone
Vic la Gardiole
Frontignon Plage
Sete
La Corniche
N112 to Agde
Up Canal du Midi to Beziers

Also, Montpellier has NO road signs for the centre of town - if you get stuck, follow the tramlines into town.

But cassoulet...well worth the calories!

jay clock

Massive member
sera?

serai perhaps!

yello

I'm thinking about a circuit from home up towards Orléans then down the Loire, across to Màcon (voie verte) and back home through Beaujolais via Montluçon.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Mrs Uncle Phil and I, after taking advice from the forum, have decided to revist the scene of our... well, where we got engaged!:angry: The south-west of Ireland.

But not until the end of August/start of September.

How can we wait until then while all you lucky people are leaving now?!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
We did manage to snatch a couple of hours between showers on a borrowed bike in the Dales last weekend though...

BothonPino.jpg

Top Bottom