Who's the numpty chasing the E Bike :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Being a sensitive soul I tend not to blast past push bikes on my ebike.

I've also apologised for passing push bikes.
I wouldn't do either. I don't alter my speed in case I upset some snowflake who takes offence at being passed.

Bollocks to 'em.

Doobiesis

Über Member
Being a sensitive soul I tend not to blast past push bikes on my ebike.

If I'm gaining on a push biker towards the top of the climb I may hang back, knowing the push biker will blast off into the distance once over the summit.

I've also apologised for passing push bikes.

For example, on the way to Brighton when I was trying to catch @ianrauk and chums in brisk mode.

I did rattle past two ladies on hybrids, but I also slowed for a second and briefly explained I was with the roadies up the road and trying to get back in touch with them.

Sensibilities, eh?
What a nice cyclist you are :smile:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Being a sensitive soul I tend not to blast past push bikes on my ebike. …...
Ashamed to say I did just that yesterday. First proper ride with the club group on my Orbea Gain yesterday, and the first real test of the assistance levels. Last time I attempted this particular little hill, must be over a year ago, I struggled at the back, calves screaming, as the rest of them pulled away. This time I followed the leading rider - he was out of the saddle and working hard - then on the steepest part of the climb I drew level and pulled away, reaching the regrouping point at the top way ahead of them all. WOW did I enjoy that! (Not sure he knew I was on an ebike at that point - won't do it again, promise :angel:)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
What a nice cyclist you are :smile:

Although I hide it well sometimes.

Ashamed to say I did just that yesterday. First proper ride with the club group on my Orbea Gain yesterday, and the first real test of the assistance levels. Last time I attempted this particular little hill, must be over a year ago, I struggled at the back, calves screaming, as the rest of them pulled away. This time I followed the leading rider - he was out of the saddle and working hard - then on the steepest part of the climb I drew level and pulled away, reaching the regrouping point at the top way ahead of them all. WOW did I enjoy that! (Not sure he knew I was on an ebike at that point - won't do it again, promise :angel:)

Plenty of roadies on here can - and have - out climbed me on my ebike.

I tend to score on the longer climbs because I can keep a steady pace for as long as it takes.

Top Bottom