Why am I so competitive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eagone

In life I'm not usually the competitive one, I can't stand football, couldn't give me a toss about rugby or any other sport to be honest.

But cycling is becoming a different matter, doesn't matter whether its MTB or road (on my flat bar) I have to be the one to cycle the furthest (will never be the fastest), know all the current deals, know all the specs, have the latest equipment, get jealous if others are out an I'm not, forever reading these blogs - I just can't resist anything to do with this sport.

Think I need help - anyone know a psychologist who cycles?

vickster

Legendary Member
Go join a club and start racing, get proper competitive

Or start audaxing if you like distance riding against the clock :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh and if you've only got two bikes, you have a long way to go before becoming a proper obsessive enthusiast ;)

OP
OP
Eagone

Eagone

Oh and if you've only got two bikes, you have a long way to go before becoming a proper obsessive enthusiast ;)
I've got 4
My Sirrus comp disc, a Trek X Calibre 8, a Trek 8000 (15 years old) and one to go to the shops on a Btwin £75 special (13 years old)
sorry 5
Forgot my Chopper for charity rides.
Will be 6 soon as buying a CF Synaspe when the bonus arrives.

Do I qualify? ^_^

heist

In life I'm not usually the competitive one, I can't stand football, couldn't give me a toss about rugby or any other sport to be honest.

But cycling is becoming a different matter, doesn't matter whether its MTB or road (on my flat bar) I have to be the one to cycle the furthest (will never be the fastest), know all the current deals, know all the specs, have the latest equipment, get jealous if others are out an I'm not, forever reading these blogs - I just can't resist anything to do with this sport.

Think I need help - anyone know a psychologist who cycles?

Glad i'm not the only one :P

Top Bottom