Why Am I So Hungry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andsaw

I went for my ride yesterday and i had dead legs (no energy) and the wind was bad, i had my tea had my supper, 15 mins later i was starving, went to bed, had the biggest bowl of cereal in the morning and was still hungry half an hour later, had a banana some tomatoes went on my ride and im still starving, i had to have a baked spud after the ride something i have not had in years, had my tea and im still hungry, i have never had this before and i ride everyday except for every other Sunday, i have been losing weight slowly but surely was 15 stone in June when i started down to 14 St 4 lbs, i have been doing 18.5 miles a day at roughly an hour long (i try and treat every ride like a TT) is this just a case of i have tipped the scales of using more calories and not eating enough for myself and energy used, i don't have anything wrong with me or feel ill or anything.

byegad

Legendary Member
No change in exercise level/amount? Loss of weight? See a doctor. It's probably nothing but a blood test will rule out anything nasty.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

I should of said i only been doing the 18 miler for about 6-7 weeks since i had my new bike and i don't feel ill in the slightest if anything better.

Liamjc90

Worms? Might just be you metabolism speeding up due to your body getting used to the exercise but i am not a nutritionist or anything so this is just a complete stab in the dark.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

Worms lol, i aint got them, but the metabolism sounds plausible, i have been getting up earlier than normal, probably just need some dinner as well.

Licramite

Über Member
well I would say your burning 1000calories a ride (I burn 1000cals in 1hour at 25mph - on exercise bike - so outside 18mph is a good speed - I do on average of 12-15mph on a tourer and I,m a nakered old fart)
so it sounds like you need to feed the engine. - keep it up and eat. I doubt you will put weight on

good luck

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
well I would say your burning 1000calories a ride (I burn 1000cals in 1hour at 25mph - on exercise bike - so outside 18mph is a good speed - I do on average of 12-15mph on a tourer and I,m a nakered old fart)
so it sounds like you need to feed the engine. - keep it up and eat. I doubt you will put weight on

good luck

How do you know?

Licramite

Über Member
because thats what the readout on the exercise bike tells me - yea I know its not 100% accurate but it tally's with my cycling computer on my bike when I run it on rollers so its close enough.

because thats what the readout on the exercise bike tells me - yea I know its not 100% accurate but it tally's with my cycling computer on my bike when I run it on rollers so its close enough.

so they're both inaccurate then..?

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

A 1000 cals or there abouts, wow, no wonder, that's a decent size meal, will just have to scoff till i feel full, an extra toastie is on order as we speak.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Looked at my data from Sunday, my Garmin estimated about 1000 cal per hour for 8 hours 45 mins (150 miles at a steady -read: easyish- base mile effort of 17.2mph average, most likely ~80% MHR on average, couldn't say for certain as the battery gave out part way round). That's a lot of calories. I am dubious of such figures! TBH, I would half it and use that value in any decision making. 1000 cal per hour is likely fairly possible, but you would likely have to be on the rivet!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I went for my ride yesterday and i had dead legs (no energy) and the wind was bad, i had my tea had my supper, 15 mins later i was starving, went to bed, had the biggest bowl of cereal in the morning and was still hungry half an hour later, had a banana some tomatoes went on my ride and im still starving, i had to have a baked spud after the ride something i have not had in years, had my tea and im still hungry, i have never had this before and i ride everyday except for every other Sunday, i have been losing weight slowly but surely was 15 stone in June when i started down to 14 St 4 lbs, i have been doing 18.5 miles a day at roughly an hour long (i try and treat every ride like a TT) is this just a case of i have tipped the scales of using more calories and not eating enough for myself and energy used, i don't have anything wrong with me or feel ill or anything.

Stop it!

Licramite

Über Member
because I have yet to come across one that is accurate.

How inaccurate do you think they are in general ? (its all white mans magic to me )
obviously it depends on the unit and how well calibrated they are,
my bike computer is fairly accurate on milage, certainly within a mile. and indoor cycle measures heart rate which I assume is linked to energy output.

I don,t know if you have one but what % do you nock off or add to get a more probably figure?

Top Bottom