Why Am I So Hungry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
The actual figures aren,t that important , 1000cals - 500cals , unless in lab conditions you will never get an accurate figure. - and you don,t need one.
Its a base line to measure progress against , if for 1000cals in 1 hour your increasing milage then you can say, for the same output I,m going further. same distance and time but higher calorie count, I,m working harder to get the same.
but hard cycling does burn allot energy - and don't forget about hydration, if your doing those hard rides drink more water. before the ride and after.
distance and racing cyclists can burn 6000cals in a day - thats over twice your normal daily intake.

remember to rest - friend of mine hit time trialing in his late thirties and by his early forties had buggered his hips or knees. (or his back) either way he had to hang up his spurs.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
^^ The actual figures are important, to a degree. Let's face it, no-one monitors calories in order to determine progression performance wise, they track calories to help with their diet, if the figures are grossly inaccurate, then they are near useless as they can not inform your diet with the resolution required.

Andy_G

Try a high carb weekend every few weeks to boost your energy levels up, i read it somewhere on line and thought id give it a go and it worked for me.

VamP

Banned
Try a high carb weekend every few weeks to boost your energy levels up, i read it somewhere on line and thought id give it a go and it worked for me.

What I love about that statement is that you could substitute pretty much anything instead of ''high carb'' into that sentence, and it would have just as much meaning.

How about this one:

Try a Colombian marching powder weekend every few weeks to boost your energy levels up, i read it somewhere on line and thought id give it a go and it worked for me.

Andy_G

What I love about that statement is that you could substitute pretty much anything instead of ''high carb'' into that sentence, and it would have just as much meaning.

How about this one:

Try a Colombian marching powder weekend every few weeks to boost your energy levels up, i read it somewhere on line and thought id give it a go and it worked for me.
Grow up

Andy_G

Actually i read it in mens fitness magazine, but im guessing you know more about this than everyone else, lucky you for knowing everything about nothing.

Actually i read it in mens fitness magazine, but im guessing you know more about this than everyone else, lucky you for knowing everything about nothing.

mate - we aren't the ones posting random anecdotes gleaned from lifestyle magazines - you are. Like I said, just think about what you are saying.

Seriously, can you explain the purpose of a 'high carb diet every few weekends'..?? And how exactly will it 'boost your energy levels'..?

You can't post stuff like that and expect it to go unchallenged.

Andy_G

Oh we'll, I'm guessing I'm wrong for trying to help others with something I've tried and tested and it worked for me.
I guess in future i will just come in here and act like a child and just post sarcastic comments.

VamP

Banned
mate - we aren't the ones posting random anecdotes gleaned from lifestyle magazines - you are. Like I said, just think about what you are saying.

Seriously, can you explain the purpose of a 'high carb diet every few weekends'..?? And how exactly will it 'boost your energy levels'..?

You can't post stuff like that and expect it to go unchallenged.

I could explain how cocaine would :smile:

Top Bottom