Why am I so lacking in motivation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Today's accomplishments:

Made some carrot and lentil soup.
Installed an emulation of a hardware interface for controlling inputs out puts and pulswidth modulation for a Raspberry Pi
Trimmed the flash off a plastic kit.
Gathered the ingredients together for the evening meal.
Had lunch.
Drank rum
Wasted Spent some time in CC

Further updates pending.

See it's easy @tyred

Update 15:07
Fettling the kit parts to make them move smoothly when assembled is taking longer than anticipated.

Update 17:43
Finished fettling kit number one. Started on kit number two.
Put the remainder of the carrot and lentil soup into containers ready for freezing.
Started cooking smoked haddock and new potatoes.

Update 19:35
Finished fettling kit number two. Solvent and applicators prepared for kit assembly tomorrow.
Evening meal consumed.
Ingredients for Spinach and lentil dhal put out for cooking tomorrow.
Number drills and Minicraft retrieved from cupboard for Peckett 0-4-0 kit drilling
Poured an absinth, time to watch TV.

Is that an example of being motivated or not being motivated?

Once you strip out the eating & drinking which I assume doesn't require much motivation, and then TV; ditto. There's not much left. :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Is that an example of being motivated or not being motivated?

Once you strip out the eating & drinking which I assume doesn't require much motivation, and then TV; ditto. There's not much left. :smile:
Try:
mucking about with Linux and controlling a computer remotely
trimming the flash of plastic kits to obtain an unblemished end product and ensuring that parts that should move do move
spending time preparing healthy meals from fresh ingredients when a brief conversation with a takeaway delivers food with a 30 second time investment
finding stuff that a tidy obsessed wife places in random tidy positions
finding a time slot for TV watching that doesn't clash with the schedules preferred by wife and daughter

Then you'll see that the ensuing tedium does need motivation to tackle it rather than doing exciting things like eating pies and having one's nails varnished by one's butler.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
I've just remembered the fact that My Sinus infection / Chest infection and cold (all at the same time, for 2 months) probably hasn't helped motivation either. :gun:

Been going through the 'Your ride today' thread and can feel that spark starting to flicker again... :bicycle:

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
My spark flickered for 0.17 miles yesterday.
Yeah, I saw that- haha.

Top Bottom