Why am I starving at 2:30am???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...well I just ate a whole easter egg and I am still awake and hungry...I suspect this may be psycolylojikal....I am still on these dam pills see...i need to ride more.

ha ha you big kid, do you still have easter eggs?

postman

Legendary Member
BTFB-you have just had me crying with laughter thanks mate.Superb was it a big egg.At 1-30 in the morning your a monster.All the best BTFB.

Tynan

Veteran
I often have a snack before bed, yoghurts or cheese and crackers, gots to listen to your body

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

,twas a huge egg from Thorntons wot my M&D brought over...couldnt wait until Easter though it's bloody ages away...but my stomache just rebelled big time...a good sign I tell myself as there was a time not so long ago when I could have done two in a day like that.

walker

I always have a rule, if I've burnt off on a single ride what I'm about to eat, its ok. so go for it BTFB, as long as you have burnt it off

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I quite often get this too, particularly in the summer when I'm hitting a full load of cycling and teaching 5 days a week. I just make myself a dagwood sandwich and a hot cup of soup or tea, and go back to sleep.

Noodley

BTFB, sounds to me as if you may have reached the stage I reached a few years ago when I lost a lot of weight then decided to find reasons to eat and stop exercising...WALK AWAY FROM THE FRIDGE, WALK TOWARDS THE BIKE xx(

stevenb

I would agree with people on here that you should eat something before bed to avoid hunger pains. Its not good for you going to bed hungry. Its your bodies recovery period and it needs those calories to do that.

A bowl of cereal is ideal as it maybe fortified with vitamins and the milk will be filling without upsetting your stomach.

You shouldn't eat large meals shortly before bed, I think, would be a better way to describe it. Your stomach needs adequate time to digest food and it digests slower at night when your more relaxed. A light snack such as cereal is better.

My 'snacks before bedtime' are either:

Cereal
Toast with a bit of Jam on it
Milk and a couple of digestive biccies.

Washed down with water only.....and I take water with me to bed just incase I wake up gasping for a drink.

Chocolate eggs will give you a sugar rush and keep you awake longer...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm of the 'little and often' school of eating and have a bowl of Cornflakes before bed.

Another tip is to halt all caffine after 18:00hrs and then try to get to bed when you start to feel tired.
By nature(the musician thing)I am a night owl but my lifestyle doesn't allow for many late nights anymore and the change is still a struggle.
I always aim for 22:30 but generally get to bed around 00:00.

Perry

User1314 said:
I can't stop eating either, these days.

Today, for example, I had two weetabix and one banana for brekkie with a cup of strong tea; two weetabix for brunch; 4 apples, two satsumas and three bananas as a pre-lunch entree; can of oxtail soup for lunch; two more weetabix for an afternoon snack; bak of cashew nuts (small) to munch on all day.

I also had 5 strong large cups of Coffee. (I don't drink caffeine after 4pm)

For my evening meal I had (at 7pm) two chicken breasts; one chicken leg and one chicken drumstick with LOADS of rice and youghurt.

Come 8.30 I'm REALLY hungry. So far I have had 5 bags of Walkers Cheese and Onion; handful of Roses mini-chocs and a handful of jelly babies.

And I'm still REALLY hungry. Think I'll go and try some youghurt, see if that works.

I don't (tend to) drink beer or wine except on Fridays, Sats and Sundays.

And the thing is, I'm still losing inches on my waist! I'm 5' 7" and am 32" on the waist. I'll be down to 31" anon. I've lost 2" in the last x2 months.

Only thing I put it down to is a sudden ability to "push it more" on my daily commute and the purchase of another "nice" bike which I've been out on just 3 times over the last 6 weeks or so on Sundays.

EDIT: And I'm also always thirsty as well. I am drinking loads of and loads of water. But I'm constantly thirsty.

It's normal to have an appetite increase if you are training hard.

You being thirsty is a bit of a concern. The body isn't very good at deciding if it is hungry or dehydrated.

It might be worth a chat with the doc.

Top Bottom