Why are so many other cyclists so unfriendly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sellyb

I am finding that the more I go out, the more I pass cyclists who ignore me, and don't even look up and say, "Hello," as we pass each other.
I know they may be taking their miles and speed really seriously, but what is the harm in a smile and a greeting to brighten up each others day?
I must have passed about 8 cyclists out in the early hours this morning, and only one of them smiled and made a greeting, so if you were the friendly one, then, "thank you!"
Come on all you cyclists out there, we should be giving ourselves a good name, not acting aloof! Is it just me noticing this?!!! :hello: Smile and say, "hello," next time! A smile never hurts! :hello:

Noodley

That's cos you live in the south of england, and you are all nobbers down there.

..and, hello. :hello:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rich P, you would say, "Hello," wouldn't you? What is going on around Rainy Sussex?!!:bicycle:
Of course, I'd be friendly to the point of embarrassing! I'm out for a ride tomorrow morning as it's going to be dry apparently. I'll be passing your neck of the woods too.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It does depend on how many others you see on the rides. I nod or wave at first and end up with a slight raise of the finger - so to speak!

Noodley

Although I would imagine that there are many many more cyclists "dahrn sarf" then here...I could probably count on one finger how many other cyclists I see on my commute...and even at the weekend it would probably only be a handful.

Top Bottom