Why Are There So Many Crashes Now! In Road Racing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

A few people need a refresher as they may not have read or understood my original post to this thread ?...

The main difference with today's Cyclists & Motorists is mentality! everyone today thinks they are something special,and that they are the centre of attention and that everyone is looking at them :sad: well they need to get off their high stools and look around sometimes at what is really happening,and this is where the main difference comes in,in the past Cyclists & Motorists looked ahead and around themselves for any problems that might occur and tried their best to avoid the situations,nowadays it is the opposite Cyclists & Motorists think everyone is looking at what they are doing and expect them to avoid their mistakes! :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
A few people need a refresher as they may not have read or understood my original post to this thread ?...

The main difference with today's Cyclists & Motorists is mentality! everyone today thinks they are something special,and that they are the centre of attention and that everyone is looking at them :sad: well they need to get off their high stools and look around sometimes at what is really happening,and this is where the main difference comes in,in the past ]B]Cyclists & Motorists[/B] looked ahead and around themselves for any problems that might occur and tried their best to avoid the situations,nowadays it is the opposite Cyclists & Motorists think everyone is looking at what they are doing and expect them to avoid their mistakes! :sad:
Where are pro cyclists, whilst racing on the roads, coming into contact with motorists not involved in the race. Roads tend to be closed for road races.

I'd say pro cyclists are aware there's a fair few watching them whilst they're racing.

OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

I can't find stats just for pro road racing, but I believe deaths from crashes have increased too this century, although there are probably fewer races. The numbers are small so it's hard to pinpoint a cause.

Yes unfortunately the deaths have also increased! the facts mount up the more it's looked into.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Much of the incoherence in this thread stems from the fact that the OP started an identical, simultaneous thread on CyclingUK and is copying and pasting exactly the same nonsense on both, as pointed out by @classic33. For all I know, there may even be a third or fourth thread on other fora.
@Moderators ?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There aren't. HTH.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The main difference with today's Cyclists & Motorists is mentality! everyone today thinks they are something special,and that they are the centre of attention and that everyone is looking at them :sad:
Yeah, like this selfish nobber trying to excuse his part in crashes: "There are no races. Only lotteries"

Oh sorry, that was Anquetil in the 1960s.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Bringing this one to a close now since it just seems to be winding everyone up.

I'll also just drop in a reminder that trolling is not permitted under the site rules and guidelines:
CycleChat said:
Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you temporarily excluded and/or banned.

Nothing more to see here. Move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom