Why can't you overtake a club bunch without them taking it as a challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

jashburnham said:
Fricking London Dynamo got in the way again on Saturday. I'm tooling round Richmond park with a mate when they decide to overtake and them immediately drop their speed again forcing us to overtake, at which point they get cross and overtake again completely spoiling our rhythm, so frustrating, and they never ever warn you when they pass. My buddy go so fed up that he ended up sitting in their bunch and having a "word" with some of them.

Don't wind up them LD boys, they will show you a lesson in pain if you make them angry

will

where I live there are endless strong, very friendly, seniors riding.

On the odd occasion when I am trying - at my far more talented - friend's insistence to go slow and do a light ride - It kills me to get passed.

But unlike some knuckleheads, instead of passing, I catch up and socialize.

Often very fun

(great thread title!)

Keith Oates

Janner
If I'm out alone and see a bike ahead I like to work my way up to them and use them as a target, getting there is more satisfying than actually passing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jags

Guru
just before you pass the groop whip out your mobile phone and pretend your talking to your coach

jashburnham said:
Fricking London Dynamo got in the way again on Saturday. I'm tooling round Richmond park with a mate when they decide to overtake and them immediately drop their speed again forcing us to overtake, at which point they get cross and overtake again completely spoiling our rhythm, so frustrating, and they never ever warn you when they pass. My buddy go so fed up that he ended up sitting in their bunch and having a "word" with some of them.

saturday mornings are interesting down there arent they ???:biggrin:

what with the the london dynamo and tri-on-tri club jostling for the right to own the road

i was in the park last year ,and on one of my first visits i was doing the obligatory 3 laps ,i went to signal that i was turning right into the roehampton car park and with no word of warning the fast group came flying past and i almost went straight down the verge and off the bike,this was when i was deciding what club to join,made the right choice by joining KW

roadiewill

me and two mates overtook the chippenham wheelers group today, but they were only doing about 16mph. no problems, they even told their teamates to move out the way

ChrisW

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I've ridden with KW a few times, but I find them a little too balls out too - I like riding with Charlotteville. Much more civilised!!

Jacomus, there are quite lot of KW members now and on the Sunday club run we normally split into 3 or 4 groups.

Yep, there are the guys who are using it as a traning ride, but there are normally a couple of groups who do "club run" speed. I really enjoy those!

Trust me, at my age, size and fitness, doing a "training" pace ride is not on...;)

Try coming along again this spring ( not this Sun, looks freezing!)

Chris

P.S I agree with what everyone says about the London Dynamos

walker

GruB said:
Nice one, so do I. It costs nothing and is polite.
When people do ignore me I feel like turning around and pushing them off into a hedge :biggrin:

I ignore everyone on the commute these days, Everyone in London are so arrogant, not many used to say hello back so I don't bother these days

Top Bottom