why couldn't I clip in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
On a short ride today ( 11miles) my chain came off so I had to stop to put it back on. I chose an area with grass as it is more comfortable that concrete with cleats on. Off I went again but found myself struggling to clip on again. Stopped again and looked down on my left foot to find that a patch of grass was covering the cleat, hence stopping it from making full contact with the pedal. It doesn't take much, does it?

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Silly sod. :whistle:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I found out the first time i nipped into a field for a call of nature that it then takes 10 mins of cleaning the mud out of the cleats ,,, never did it again,

sep1988

I got a bit of gravel in mine a few weeks ago and was getting so angry on the ride that I couldn't clip in, when I gave in and stopped I discovered the nicely battered bit of gravel well lodged in - took me a minute or two to get it out !

Berties

Fast and careful!
I have to walk up a byway to get on my bike and start my ride,and have to clear mud and debris from the cleat,every so often ,I just give my pedals a wd40 blast when putting bike away

Diggs

Veteran
I put some CX tyres on to take the bike for an explore over the local country park. When it got a bit too muddy I dismounted but after that I had real difficulty in engaging my left cleat. I flipped the pedal to the other side but I hate riding with flat pedals now!

Top Bottom