Why did I bother....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
cleaning the Giant at the weekend? It was covered in c**p again before I got a mile away from home. Where's my dry roads and sunny weather?

In other news, I got a Montaine Featherlight jacket cos lots of other people seem to think they are good. It's a bit boil in the bag but not as bad as my old lightweight jacket so at least I now have something less than the Night Vision Evo when it rains in summer.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Same here mate.
Spent a good hour yesterday washing the Kona. Nice and sparkling clean... bollicks....

potsy

Rambler
Cleaned mine Friday, filthy again by Saturday dinner, overrated this cleaning lark :rolleyes:

I find the Montane OK for a shower proof jacket, definitely a bit boil in the bag though despite it's lightweight.
I think I'll look for windproof only next time, and live with getting a bit wet if it rains :rain:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Cleaned my Giant SCR2 yesterday whilst it was up on the workstand when I was putting a new wheelset on. Under the muck near the headtube I found a huge crack running round half the width of the downtube. Frame is a write-off at only 4 years old! On the positive side, better to have found it now than having it shearing at speed on the road in heavy traffic....

Currently investigating getting it replaced under the 5 year frame warranty. Bike was sourced from Giant by Halfords through our Bike2Work so I have no paperwork - I'm hoping the HR paperwork will cover it!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cleaned my Giant SCR2 yesterday whilst it was up on the workstand when I was putting a new wheelset on. Under the muck near the headtube I found a huge crack running round half the width of the downtube. Frame is a write-off at only 4 years old! On the positive side, better to have found it now than having it shearing at speed on the road in heavy traffic....

Currently investigating getting it replaced under the 5 year frame warranty. Bike was sourced from Giant by Halfords through our Bike2Work so I have no paperwork - I'm hoping the HR paperwork will cover it!
I'd just take it to a Giant dealership (ring Giant they'll tell you the nearest). When I broke my SCR1 frame, it never occurred to me for a minute that there might be a limit on the warranty. I just called Giant and told them to sort it. They were happy to do so as long as I took it to a dealer to check I'd not been BMXing on it. New frame arrived a couple of days later.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
cleaned mine yesterday, filthy by the time i got to work.
is it possible to laminate your bike?
:idea:

Berties

Fast and careful!
Take it to a giant dealer and ask what they can do,a friend took a giant wheel for a repair to a shop who never sold the bike and with no paper work,they did the repair and billed giant,my friend was willing to pay! but then who's going to argue with a free repair,so thumbs up to Giant and their agents:thumbsup:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Thanks guys - I've already got the issue underway with HR who've passed it to their Halfords Bike2Work rep, but I'll pass them the info you've given me. If they get me nowhere, I'll just take it to a Giant dealership myself!

Top Bottom