why didnt i have my camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
riding home tonight , i spotted an other cyclist coming other way with what looked like a trailer in tow , as we got closer i could see it was actually a sack truck being held by his left hand , the sack truck was carrying what looked like a car gearbox !!!

wish i had my camera it would have made a great picture

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Two weeks back rode to the shops, on way back saw this fella with a large box dangling from his left hand. Looked like a microwave oven. He was struggling to hold it on the descent off the bridge.

Gez73

Veteran
I once witnessed a cyclist carrying with one hand a track pump. They're handy I admit but not THAT handy. I couldn't help but feel he may have misunderstood what he was buying! Still you'd not have a track pump if you weren't just a little bit committed. Goodluck to them all. I guess if you need what appears to be a cars' gearbox you probably don't have the use of the car!

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I noticed a cyclist towing a gas canister in Hong Kong.I thought it was a good idea for two reasons.

1) Less close passes.
2) Good for the airzound.(flamethrower)

HovR

Über Member
I once witnessed a cyclist carrying with one hand a track pump. They're handy I admit but not THAT handy. I couldn't help but feel he may have misunderstood what he was buying! Still you'd not have a track pump if you weren't just a little bit committed. Goodluck to them all. I guess if you need what appears to be a cars' gearbox you probably don't have the use of the car!

I've been known to carry a track pump on a bike before - Gotta carry them back from the shop some how! You didn't see this cyclist in Gloucestershire did you? :tongue:

WilliamNB

In Plymouth I saw a cyclist towing a smallish RIB on a trailer. He had two mates running along, each holding a rear corner and presumably pushing. The boat was complete with outboard motor!

Gez73

Veteran
Never thought about getting a track pump home from the shop. I guess for some the bike is more than a means of getting around or beating personal bests. A fantastic intention whatever the use.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I once carried home on my bike 6 miles from the shop, a boxed hedge trimmer. I had it in a ruck sack, top sticking out. That was many years ago, on a whim, wasn't even commuting by bike then. Don't know if I could manage now :rolleyes:

HovR

Über Member
Never thought about getting a track pump home from the shop. I guess for some the bike is more than a means of getting around or beating personal bests. A fantastic intention whatever the use.

I've carried some odd packages on my bike in strange ways before. With the post collection office being only 2 or 3 miles from my house, I prefer to cycle. A couple of times I've only been expecting to pick up a small package which will fit in my ruck sack, and ended up cycling back with a set of (non folding) tires around my neck! :blush:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I carried a bike on my shoulder while riding another bike,many years ago,I feel suck a pr@ now.
Carried a carpet round the backstreets also.
OMG: you must have broad shoulders :training:
I now have this vision of a giant bloke bent on a bike, pedaling with his hands, steering with his teeth, a bike on his back, a flying carpet hovering above, Alladin style ...

musa

Über Member
On the topic of boxes in rucksacks. Just the other day I saw a guy who had a box in his rucksack obviously too big. So he sellotaped the box to the bag

I've carried a front wheel on back but using my chain lock as a hook over my shoulder. Bloody annoying tackling a steep hill

Top Bottom