Why do bike bells stop working when they get wet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
[QUOTE 5517159, member: 9609"]apart from being underwater the bell seems ok when a bit damp

how wet is it in glasgow @Pat "5mph"[/QUOTE]

Gosh some people do have a lot of time on their hands don't they ??

:angel:

Glasgow can be quite damp

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 5517159, member: 9609"]how wet is it in glasgow @Pat "5mph"[/QUOTE]
Very wet @User9609 :rolleyes:
Icy at the moment, mind, but the forecast snow will make things wet again.
@mudsticks all the hooters I've ever had soon lost their rubber ball, the last one flew off somewhere on NCN75 :laugh:

Devon C to C in a few weeks time - and there's a lot of shared cycle-path along its route - Tarka Trail, Camel and Granite Way etc etc
Erm, Camel's in Cornwall, bey! You b'aint goin along that in Deb'n, now, are ee?
:biggrin:
On a more serious and interested note, I live on this route, what's your plan? I'd ask to join for a bit, but I'll have a wing in a sling...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Erm, Camel's in Cornwall, bey! You b'aint goin along that in Deb'n, now, are ee?
:biggrin:
On a more serious and interested note, I live on this route, what's your plan? I'd ask to join for a bit, but I'll have a wing in a sling...

You're right..
Well spotted mistake..

Getting all my sw trails muddled.
Last time I went north from Plymouth..
This time ill probs do it in the opposite direction.. Train to Barnstaple from Exeter then up to the n coast then meander back down.. Second night camp on the Moor somewhere, first night, North Devon somewhere...

Two and a half days-ish.. No big rush.. I enjoyed the mid Devon section last time.. Its like going back 50 years - you even get stuck behind herds of cows now and then.

Sorry to hear about the poorly arm :sad:
Bad luck

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'll be a-listenin'!

Listening out for sounds of the locals taking pot-shots at an annoying cyclist, with an overly-loud horn :blush:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Personally, I'd be cautious of using that horn in that area. It would bring the rider to the attention of the Cornish Border Guards, who would certainly be on the lookout for an errant Devonian cyclist. Easy pickings.

Thanks for the sage warning Mike..

I'd better take my slingshot too, in case of trouble :blush:

Them Cornishers can be tricksy coves :sad:

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Airzound works when wet or dry.:becool: 112 decibels
It's very good at clearing the way ahead.:evil:
Just pedal up close and give it a "Blast", then watch them scatter like frightened sheep.:laugh:
Once safely past give a cheery wave :okay: to thank them for moving.:whistle:

roley poley

Über Member
I mounted mine upside down so I could easy reach the pinger ..it fills with water... I might as well flick the handlebar with a finger nail...use your voice instead

Top Bottom