Why do I crave salt after rides?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
We use it in both senses! :okay:

If you start talking about cycling giving you a sore fanny though then you would be using the wrong word for a UK audience, unless you really did mean genitals! :laugh:
Does anyone still say bonking (as in sex)?

byegad

Legendary Member
Both my father and maternal grandfather worked in Steel works. Both had what looked like peppermint tablets in a pocket on their work jacket. They were pure salt! I tried one once and couldn't even chew it, way too salty. They both said when working next to a blast furnace or soaking pit (Where they kept ingots of steel at near white hot.) they could chew them like sweets.

If you crave salt it doesn't revolt you, if you don't, it isn't something you'd chew from choice!

OP
OP
Hippygirl

Hippygirl

Thanks everyone. I found a local product that seems very similar to high5. It was only 82* today, so not as hot as it has been, but it worked like a charm. I appreciate the help!

OP
OP
Hippygirl

Hippygirl

Actually, no kidding - I remember reading an article in American magazine Bicycling about techniques for cycling up steep hills ... apparently, w*nking can really help! :eek: (They were using it as another word for zigzagging! :laugh:)
I'm not even going to look that one up!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom