why do long threads get locked - eg, my ride today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Gotta say, I was a bit surprised to find my Your Ride Today thread locked . Not a flouncing point but its run since 2008 and in all honesty you do (well I did) feel a certain pride and ownership that a thread became so popular...with no small thanks to all the contributors.
You could have asked me to restart the thread ?..if it had become too cumbersome.
The vast majority of other locked threads were restarted by the originators...shame I wasnt given the same chance.
I'll get over it, its not life and death, but diaappointing.

midlife

Guru
Seems OK to me?

Shaun

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Gotta say, I was a bit surprised to find my Your Ride Today thread locked . Not a flouncing point but its run since 2008 and in all honesty you do (well I did) feel a certain pride and ownership that a thread became so popular...with no small thanks to all the contributors.
You could have asked me to restart the thread ?..if it had become too cumbersome.
The vast majority of other locked threads were restarted by the originators...shame I wasnt given the same chance.
I'll get over it, its not life and death, but diaappointing.
Hasn't it just been split? It looked open to me - mind, I was multitasking at the time....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It isn't anything personal - it happens to all the really long threads. I don't know if there is a technical size limit, but the lists of links to previous pages certainly do become cumbersome when the page numbers are big.

I can see what you mean about the ownership thing though.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only difference to threads split this time is that the first post on the "new thread" is someone who made the first post, when the split was made.
One odd one out to that though.

Yes, it'd be nice to restart with the original post I think.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Well, this lady's member's not for flouncing :laugh:.
No real big deal, like i said, just a bit disappointing i didnt get asked as obviously many others did
I suspect if you ask others who've had popular threads..they feel a certain pride in it.

Moving on anyway...gotta post in your ride today :okay:

Top Bottom