Why do people bother to carry puncture repair kits with them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Thursday guy

Thursday guy

Where is this utopia with working public transport, plentiful cycle parking throughout town and no thieves?

Going off my experience of having ridden in London, Cambridge, Manchester, Bristol. Ironically, the hotspots for thieves as I understand :biggrin:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That may, or may not, be so. The bit I don't understand is the need to comment about a thread you don't want to participate in.

Who said I don't want to participate? I don't understand why you don't understand, nor much do I care why you don't understand.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Hmmm.....Where did I say that?

Would love it if you could find the quote. You do seem to have a bizarre interpretation/imagination of what other people say.

I have to say this place and the reaction here is quite fascinating to me as a casual rider.

Winding people up?

This place is quite funny. You ask a plain question and get treated with deep suspicions. At first I thought it was just jokes and banter, now it seems some are genuinely quite offended. I hate to be blunt, but maybe some people here should learn to be a little less sensitive and realise that there's a world of cyclists beyond their small serious community, people who are quite 'casual' in their approach to cycling, who don't pack repair kits and are ready to fix a puncture on the go.

you missed the crucial word

PARAPHRASING.

you really should read your own thread, its rude even for a troll not to.

and you should read other peoples contributions to it too, I let this one slide earlier but since you're back on the offensive.

That's the difference between a cyclist, and someone that rides a bike. A cyclist would rather down hemlock, than give in to the p*ncture fairy, a person on a bike will phone for a lift / use public transport, to get them home.

There's no 'elitist cyclist vs person on a bike bollocks' apart from maybe your own imagination.

adios, thread set to ignore as you're clearly a timewaster.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had mine on my last working day of 2015, on my way to work at 5.30 in the morning. Luckily it was a bit warmer then and with the spare tube and pump I carry I was sorted and back on my way in around 10 minutes at the most.......
Indeed , just a pita when it is sub zero , at least it was light not like the double pinch flat i had on unmarked roadworks when i had one tube and it was so cold the glue wasnt working ............lesson learned ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
A few years of mountain biking will teach you the skill of replacing a tube quickly; punctures are more frequent and sometimes happen in exposed windy places or worse, shady humid places where the Caledonian Luftwaffe lurks waiting to bite you....

D

Deleted member 1258

I had mine on my last working day of 2015, on my way to work at 5.30 in the morning. Luckily it was a bit warmer then and with the spare tube and pump I carry I was sorted and back on my way in around 10 minutes at the most.......

My last puncture was in February on Withybrook Lane between Shilton and Withybrook, the cause was hedge cutting.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I carry a puncture kit and a spare tube with me, because sometime I use the commuting bicycle for short range tours, and want to have things already on the bike if I want to go cycling.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Used to do it all the time

carriers3.jpg

Top Bottom