Why do people get so angry, so fast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4737126, member: 9609"]it would make more sense to have the fast lane on the right and the hard shoulder for those who have broken down on the left.[/QUOTE]
Which is what they've done at Leeds, more or less. Just some people don't read the large signs.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I'm standing in the middle having a piddle!

Or squatting on the right, while having a sh1te.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
[QUOTE 4737126, member: 9609"]it would make more sense to have the fast lane on the right and the hard shoulder for those who have broken down on the left.[/QUOTE]

It is convention because of the first escalators used to send people at the bottom diagonally to the left.

Bloke in car in front turned into junction and stopped just inside the line leaving me in the middle of the road. I waited until he moved a car length then turned myself. He crawled a bit further letting a car out of parking bays on left. I've now got a car behind me. Then the white lights came on.
I was half way across the bay he'd decided to now reverse into with nowhere to go but he carried on reversing.
As his face came level with my bonnet he mouthed F@£k Y?u.
Another normal driving day in Penistone.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've had something not dissimilar once. Was driving, no hurry, so stopped to let a queue of cars coming in the opposite direction through as they passed a number of cars parked on their side of the road. I had priority, but not being in a hurry and feeling chilled was happy to let them go.

Anyway, the first car through stopped and parked adjacent to me, thus blocking the passage of the following cars. The old boy in the second car was effing and jeffing, giving me the bird, really going for it. Then he finally clocked me sat their in my muscle vest on my way home from the Gym, half his age, three times his size, then there was a car crash of expressions on his face as he realised he'd dropped a serious clanger. His mouth had been writing cheques that his body had no hope of cashing if it went sideways on him.

Within a few seconds the car that had parked realised their error and rolled forward a few car lengths, no harm done, but the driver of car two was definitely living on borrowed time if that's his behaviour. I'm not interested in road rage, I just let them get on with it, but the old feller would do well to remember that people often die through such incidents (the Dad of one of my Daughters friends died during one).

How can something so meaningless be worth risking life and limb over?

Drago

Legendary Member
Driving today I was dutifully doing 30 in a 30 zone when a young lady in an Audi (why always Audi's?) came razzing up behind.

I carried on doing 30 and I could see her in the mirror up my arriss mouthing off at me. She was clearly concerned that I was on the verge of creeping inadvertantly over 30mph.

Duly alerted I slowed to 20, and the mouthing off was now joined with a dash of gesticulating, obviously congratulating on my scrupulous observance of the speed limit

Last edited:
Top Bottom