Why do people shout from cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Had another one of those days yesterday. I'm starting to get thick-skinned about it, but it still gets to me. Riding back from work, minding my own business when I get racially abused by the occupants of a passing car; "F*ck off home you paki b*stard!" (the rest I couldn't make out).

Is it a dare? Are they p!ssed? Why?!
'kin tw@ts!

Just letting off steam, folks...

Did you get a reg? That's got to be one for the old bill to be interested in.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Sat at traffic lights last year I had a bloke lean out of a passing van with his Rotty about two inches from my face snarling and howling with the bloke threatening to set him on me....blokes breath smelt worse than the dogs! I'd rather be shouted at any day.

As Dave says, that's the sort of thing that the police ought to know about. Racial abuse is (rightly) very heavily frowned upon. As for why they shout, who knows, probably showing off to their mates, making themselves feel big etc. People like this often do this to hide their own problems, issues etc.

I can't fully appreciate what this type of comment must feel like to receive but it makes me feel very angry when I hear of this type of behaviour. :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
tell the police even if you only have the type and colour of the car, chances are people like that will get pulled eventually and the cops can pull up all the other reports

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Dave Davenport said:
Did you get a reg?
No, unfortunately it was one of those cr@ppy, curly-lettered stylised number plates. Are they legal, btw?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
'kin tw@ts!

I think that's your answer...

It would be nice to think that a retort (delivered in crisp Eton tones) of "I am going home as a matter of fact, old thing, mater's got my supper ready as we speak and then I'm off down to the club to rack up a couple of rounds of billiards wihtmy chums..." would have them thinking, but I suspect you'd be better off with "No, you go back to your test-tube, amoeba..."

If you can't report them, however, that thick skin is the best bet. How sad that you have to develop it though.:biggrin:

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Ok, I've decided I will report it.
The cynic in me says it'll come to nothing - but who knows. At least it'll be on record.
Cheers

Cab

Maz said:
Had another one of those days yesterday. I'm starting to get thick-skinned about it, but it still gets to me. Riding back from work, minding my own business when I get racially abused by the occupants of a passing car; "F*ck off home you paki b*stard!" (the rest I couldn't make out).

Is it a dare? Are they p!ssed? Why?!
'kin tw@ts!

Just letting off steam, folks...

Feel free to let off steam, the behaviour you had to put up with there was disgraceful.

I suppose in a grimly funny way, you were cycling home from work when they so eloquently suggested that you go home. I know thats not what these morons meant, but if theres any grim grain of dark humour to extract from the situation, there it is.

Good luck reporting this to plod, let us know how you get on.

medals

Q: Why do people shout from cars?
A: Because they're inadequate, sad, cowardly individuals who probably are lacking in the trouser dept. Shouting at people from their cars brightens up their dull pathetic little existances.
Either that or they're just complete t*ssers.

Top Bottom