Why do so many Pro Racing Cyclists now have Beards ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't know why you are all bothering to answer the OP.

Eighty percent off us are on his ignore list so he won't see most posts.
I know we're on his list, but he reads the ignored content.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't know why you are all bothering to answer the OP.

Eighty percent off us are on his ignore list so he won't see most posts.
This is the first time I've ever heard of him! I normally have the whole pro-cycling board on ignore; nothing against it - it's just not my thing. Accessed this thread through the trending threads list. Is the OP a re-incarnation of RacingRoadkill? That was his M.O. - anyone who disagreed with him got put on ignore :laugh:.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is the first time I've ever heard of him! I normally have the whole pro-cycling board on ignore; nothing against it - it's just not my thing. Accessed this thread through the trending threads list. Is the OP a re-incarnation of RacingRoadkill? That was his M.O. - anyone who disagreed with him got put on ignore :laugh:.
Even his name may not be his.

Try General Cycling.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Let’s ask Billy Gibbons. I presume he’s done plenty of beard v bike research.

Bonus points for the first person to mention the ZZ Top beard based fact which everyone already knows.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Don't all facial fungus hipsters and Lumbersexuals ponce about on electric scooters?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Hi Tony,

Welcome to CycleChat!

My data seems to fly in the face of accepted science.

Riding the very same dozen DIY perms each year (eventually saves on stopping to look at the map) over twenty-one years, I have amassed a comprehensive spreadsheet on time vs distance, all in various states of hirsuitedness.

If you have Excel, I can send over the files, but they are rather large. I’ve accounted numerically for wind speed; calories; tyres; which spectacles I was wearing; clothing; relative humidity etc. Other, non-algebraic columns include: facial hair - washed or clean; facial hair - natural or waxed; unaccompanied or with soigneur; unmedicated or lisdexamfetamine etc.

Years 1-9 I was clean shaven, facially.
Years 10 - 17 I had a beard of average length 300 mm, but shaved my cheeks, facially.
Years 18 - 21 I had the same beard, but added a full handlebar moustache, facially (yes, I am witheringly handsome now, and my personality is far more engaging)

In brief, then, my analysis, once sieved through some referenced and verified median datasets from analysts HERE, shows clearly that my fastest cycling has been achieved when fully haired of face. I would go further, and state that having a big waxed crescent of glistening manliness on your top lip gives you all the dash and elan needed to “shave off”: many seconds from each metre ascended on gradients steeper than 1:13; many minutes and microns of brake block rubber on descents longer than 1425 yards and of declines greater than five eighths of an inch per foot travelled; countless hours put aside for personal grooming won on the flat, on those gruelling sections of randonnees where the bald-faced peloton simply falls away under the weight of ennui and ordinariness of visage.

When the UCI finally comb through my findings, I can guarantee you the sports moustache will be de rigeur, then commonplace, then finally banned. Just like the French Beak, the Nordic Thigh and Cerume di Italia. You read it here first, Tony.

Kind regards,

R. Nerd

edit: unmediated became unmedicated

Last edited:
Top Bottom