Why do watch manufacturers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
make so many watches with rotatable bezels and waterproof them up to 100 meters?
Are there really millions of deep sea divers out there who don't want to be late for their hot date?

buggi

Bird Saviour
because in fact they are lying. 100 metres does not mean 100 metres. it goes something like this:

"water resistant" means splashproof if your washing up
"30 metres" means you can wear it in the bath
"100 metres" means you can swim in it but if you go down to 100 metres your watch will drown and so will you, probably (what is the limit for diving? i will ask my sister, she's just done her padi)

500 metres means you can go diving in it, but if you actually dive to 500 metres you are probably definitely dead anyway.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
buggi said:
because in fact they are lying. 100 metres does not mean 100 metres. it goes something like this:

"water resistant" means splashproof if your washing up
"30 metres" means you can wear it in the bath
"100 metres" means you can swim in it but if you go down to 100 metres your watch will drown and so will you, probably (what is the limit for diving? i will ask my sister, she's just done her padi)

500 metres means you can go diving in it, but if you actually dive to 500 metres you are probably definitely dead anyway.

Yep - and if wearing on a bike with a bit of sweat about - you'll need the 30m or even the 100m.

Never had a problem with my 100m "Water Resistant" watch - but I've never worn it in the bath or gone swimming with it either.

buggi

Bird Saviour
spandex said:
buggi you are just about there anything above 150 metres is ok to dive in. If you are going to be going under 30metres you will be neading 200+ ie 3ATM's.

.... im a Padi dive master.

you know you said if i wanted anything.... fancy teaching me??? ;)

k-dog

I really fancy one of those Omega watches like Pierce Brosnan's 007 wore.

My wife reckons I should get a Speedmaster instead of a Seamaster as there's more chance of me going into space than getting 300m under the sea.

col

Legendary Member
k-dog said:
I really fancy one of those Omega watches like Pierce Brosnan's 007 wore.

My wife reckons I should get a Speedmaster instead of a Seamaster as there's more chance of me going into space than getting 300m under the sea.

Iv got one of those,the origional ones a few years ago,it was a gift believe it or not.:biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I have a thing for Russian watches and I have been told that if I'm very good I might be getting a 24hr mechanism watch for my Birthday!!

My Vostock self winder is still going strong after 10 years.

Top Bottom