Why do watch manufacturers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
byegad said:
Breathing!

OK??

Well the thing is you take a tank down with you which has air in it for upto 45mins. But say you do run out of air its not the worst thing to happen its at say 197356772835482926436 on the list. You just need to swim up not to fast (you can not over take the smallest bubbles). When you start to go up all the air in your lungs will expand just as if you was beathing. When you get to the surface you will need to exhale hard.

Rob S

Aperitif said:
a6583033211sbbm.jpg

Want one! Want one!
Nice one Rob - see them advertised in the Grdauina...want one! want one!

I don't want to be a Mondaine snob :ohmy: ...but the ones you see in the back of The Grauniad etc have cases made of recycled brass with chrome plating whereas this one is stainless steel...it's also the only model they sell that has a sapphire crystal :biggrin: rather than mineral glass or even, in some of them, acrylic!!!:biggrin:

Currently £149 from these people

http://www.bombero.co.uk/epages/Sto...Shops/Store.Shop852/Products/A658.30332.11SBB

simoncc

Rob S said:
I don't want to be a Mondaine snob :ohmy: ...but the ones you see in the back of The Grauniad etc have cases made of recycled brass with chrome plating whereas this one is stainless steel...it's also the only model they sell that has a sapphire crystal :biggrin: rather than mineral glass or even, in some of them, acrylic!!!:biggrin:

Currently £149 from these people

http://www.bombero.co.uk/epages/Sto...Shops/Store.Shop852/Products/A658.30332.11SBB

I hate to tell you but you can get a watch for about £20 from Argos that lasts for years. My Sekonda is doing just fine after about 7 years of almost daily use, although it did need a new battery a couple of years ago. Someone's living the high life at your expense if they charge you £149 for a watch, and living the high life isn't green and should not be encouraged.

Rob S

Speicher said:
Does the second hand stop at 12 momentarily before moving again, like on the big clocks in the stations?

Sadly not, I know that some of their models do have or at least had the Stop To Go mechanism but not this one.

Rob S

simoncc said:
I hate to tell you but you can get a watch for about £20 from Argos that lasts for years. My Sekonda is doing just fine after about 7 years of almost daily use, although it did need a new battery a couple of years ago. Someone's living the high life at your expense if they charge you £149 for a watch, and living the high life isn't green and should not be encouraged.

I hardly think the mention of a £149 watch is enough to warrant a rant, thanks!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I don't wear watches. I used to have a pocket watch though. I can't see the point of a watch that has so many functions unless one actually uses them all or has a need for them. My phone serves most purposes including telling the time.

MarkF

Guru
Rob S said:
I hardly think the mention of a £149 watch is enough to warrant a rant, thanks!

£149? Pah! Not enough, what miserable horological masterpice can you get for a measly 149 nicker?:rolleyes:

When I said it is an expensive hobby, it's not:wacko: A decent watch is very easy to move on with minimal losses but I just can't seem to want to move any one at the mo, even though, right now, I need to.:laugh: I had recently saved up £1500 to buy a Breitling Super Ocean or maybe an Omega Aqua Terra but for one, I was able to beat my demons.

I bought his instead:sad:

Top Bottom