Why do you change your avatar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I changed mine from a geek (me in real life ;)) to the Big Lebowski (my hero, and Jeff Bridges being my favourite actor).

I noticed just now that Noodley has gone from the ultra cool Fletch to a pig!!!
And Melville, who used to be the cool dude from Kraftwerk to a some (no) body.
And there are others too numerous to name.

Why? Aren't we content with the persona we assume? :evil:

col

Legendary Member
Mine is seasonal,as it says,but when i change mine,its because i like something else,so change to that,just an out of favour thing i suppose?

Pete

I changed mine, back on ACF, from the praying mantis to a galaxy. A few days later I was out of ACF. Made me wonder whether changing avatar was ill-omened, for me.

Pete said:
I changed mine, back on ACF, from the praying mantis to a galaxy. A few days later I was out of ACF. Made me wonder whether changing avatar was ill-omened, for me.
I found that changing my sig line was quite effective in that respect...;)

domtyler

Über Member
Simple really, I have about five or six avatars, when one gets dirty I put it in the wash and take a clean one out of the cupboard.

Noodley

I only changed mine from Fletch to the pig to wind up bonj in his soapbox thread ;)

But I have been told the pig is cool and I should keep it :biggrin:

I think Fletch is much much cooler, but I don't want to go upsetting anyone. :evil: Should I start a poll - Fletch or the pig?

Noodley

Pete said:

That is spooky ;)

The day after I changed to the pig on here I left ACF !!!!!
<sounds of "the twilight zone">

Pete

Noodley said:
That is spooky ;)

The day after I changed to the pig on here I left ACF !!!!!
<sounds of "the twilight zone">
If by any chance you post on any Islamist forums - well, changing your avatar to a pig might have 'interesting' consequences. :evil:

On second thoughts, they probably don't allow avatars on Islamist forums...

Noodley

Pete said:
If by any chance you post on any Islamist forums - well, changing your avatar to a pig might have 'interesting' consequences. ;)

On second thoughts, they probably don't allow avatars on Islamist forums...

That's okay. I don't ride have any connection with Islamists, only bikes.

Top Bottom