Why do you R on FN ttC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 2895758, member: 30090"]Ian has a roundabout named after him?[/quote]

Yes...:rolleyes: Five Bells Roundabout over the A13 if you really must know.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 2895883, member: 30090"]What happened?[/quote]

I have trouble with it...sometimes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 2895902, member: 30090"]How come? Would you like Lee and Plug to help you?[/quote]

No I don't think so.

U

User10571

2895944 said:
Remind us about yours.
I thought you'd never ask.
AIUI there's a section of Lonesome Lane that Dellzeqq re-named User10571 Corner, or is it User10571 Bend?
I think this came to be as a result of his hanging onto my rear wheel when I took a somewhat cavalier line through a bend (You think I knew what I was doing? No. I was just giving it beans to the max, and was, frankly, lucky) and we were both lucky to not have ended in a messy situation on that spot.
I have form.
Of the alarm clock sort.
But I've always turned up when I've said I was going to.
Eventually.
It's hard work at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User10571

I have, on occasion, been deeply engrossed in conversation with another rider, whereupon we've reached a section of the road which is crying out for attention/action.
Sometimes I have forewarned the accompanying rider that we're reaching a point where it would be advantageous to give it some.
Sometimes we've reached that point, I've made my excuses and gone off on one.
Sometimes we've reached that point, and I've just gone without a word.
Because I had to.
If you were ever the rider accompanying me on the lattermost, then I owe you an apology.

2894840 said:
The breakfast photo from Felpham?
Hmmm you're right. I sense it was the beginning of the end; people's endurance and patience were being tested and a splinter group departed for a rival café. Snobbery some might say, but another aspect of the Night Rides was the ability to exercise artistic skills nonpareil...
IMAG0079.jpg
York Cleethorpes 058 Avatar.jpg
IMG_5308.JPG

hatler

Guru
Why did I do the first one ?
Well, I cheated a bit as we only joined the ride in Ditchling. This would have been 2006, somewhere before late July. And in fact all we did was get to the top of the Beacon and then peel off Eastwards along the South Downs Way.

Why ?
I had been cyclo-commuting for a couple of years and was becoming a bit of a cycling evangelist (bore is a term I've heard others use). I'd been led to the C+ forum and from there found acf. FNRttC threads were hard to miss, and Simon's eloquence about them (and cycling matters in general) struck a chord. Given that the Brighton rides ran within a couple of miles of where we spend most Summer weekends it was very tempting to ask to join up. Bit of an adventure for mini-hatler. A chance to try my new found fitness out. A chance to cycle up the Beacon at a silly enough hour of the day that we didn't have to worry about cars. An excuse to be on top of the Downs, on our own, at a magical hour of the day, with the world laid out below us. (It's pretty special up there.) I think those were reasons enough.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
PaulRide has it spot-on with this comment...

being able to drift in and out of conversations – nobody expects us to be articulate for very long but everyone seems happy to echange a few words on any subject

It's like an extremely informal linear drinks party, except you only get a drink at the end.

Trickedem

Guru
Way back in the 1980s while touring, my cycling buddy suggested night riding - it was something that some people at his dad's cycling club did and it sounded interesting. We sat in a pub somewhere and resolved to give it a go when we got back. We would take our bikes out to Dover on the last train and ride back to London. What a great plan! Of course, we never did. .
Not sure there would have been enough places along the way to buy extra batteries for your Never Ready lights.

Top Bottom