Why do you watch YouTube?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Music (found a bloke who does telly themes on his piano. His rendition of Thunderbirds is...er...FAB:whistle:)
Have you seen the supermarionation films by Century 21 Films on YouTube? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQv_O7i_iXMFBSbtolnpjA They're great!

https://www.nebula-75.com/about

"Filmed in Supermarionation by the team at Century 21 Films, Nebula-75 offers a contemporary take on retro puppet adventure series that have enthralled generations of children and adults – charting the voyages of Commander Ray Neptune and his brave crew as they explore the depths of space, encounter fellow travellers, and journey towards home.
The show began life as a 10-minute short, made in lockdown conditions, for an online audience. Having previously made several tv and film productions using ‘Supermarionation’ puppets (the technique made famous by shows such as Thunderbirds), we decided to produce a film which evokes a 1960s series that never really existed, making use of any left-over puppets and props that we happened to have in our London flat. This simple short, with sets built onto the back of bookcases, went online in April 2020 and was made to entertain an audience stuck at home during a difficult time."

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Like many others on here, how to videos and ideas and information for my ponds and tank fishkeeping.
Some videos I don't watch but listen to, as the people speaking help me to go to sleep. And sometimes it feeds a natural curiosity; whether it be someone whose pastime is catching swarming bees or has a job digging big ponds.

postman

Legendary Member
Tv is crap,so I watch the goals from footie games most are less the three mins,old British comedy shows,cycling vids touring mostly or cycling holidays,seeing places we have visited New York is less stressful from the sofa.

Gillstay

Über Member
Wow , so nobody watches anything with scantily clad ladies then ? :okay:

I mainly do educational stuff of course to try and improve myself as its much needed.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Have you seen the supermarionation films by Century 21 Films on YouTube? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMQv_O7i_iXMFBSbtolnpjA They're great!

https://www.nebula-75.com/about

"Filmed in Supermarionation by the team at Century 21 Films, Nebula-75 offers a contemporary take on retro puppet adventure series that have enthralled generations of children and adults – charting the voyages of Commander Ray Neptune and his brave crew as they explore the depths of space, encounter fellow travellers, and journey towards home.
The show began life as a 10-minute short, made in lockdown conditions, for an online audience. Having previously made several tv and film productions using ‘Supermarionation’ puppets (the technique made famous by shows such as Thunderbirds), we decided to produce a film which evokes a 1960s series that never really existed, making use of any left-over puppets and props that we happened to have in our London flat. This simple short, with sets built onto the back of bookcases, went online in April 2020 and was made to entertain an audience stuck at home during a difficult time."
Yes, they're great, thanks for the link:okay:. Also loved watching Filmed in Supermarionation too - terrific documentary, very nostalgic for my childhood!.
I've yet to see Thunderbirds 1965 which is the 'adaptation' into TV episodes of 3 stories originally recorded for vinyl EP's. They had to recreate from drawings/photos etc of lots of stuff which was apparently destroyed when AP films closed.

BTW, here's the piano guy:

Alex321

Veteran
I watch mostly music stuff, old motor bike restorations and cycling Mikey patrolling gandalf corner,but I'm quite partial to off duty Brazilian cops giving the perps
the asphalt temperature challenge on active self protection.
I'd never heard of Cycling Mikey until this thread.

Watched a couple of his videos, and won't be watching more. His aims are good, his actions not so. Did his mother never tell him "two wrongs don't make a right"?

He seems to think what he is doing is perfectly legal, but it isn't. Just because those people are breaking the law, that does not give him an excuse to cause an obstruction, which is also breaking the law.

Video them by all means. Report them to the police, great. But standing in the road blocking it is illegal, and he is bringing himself down to their level, while being totally self righteous about it.

Top Bottom