Why do you watch YouTube?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Come on, without YouTube how would we watch:

The Crusher crushing stuff...? :whistle:

Sheep jumping on a trampoline? :laugh:

Lunatic free slackliner goes for a stroll 290 metres up? :eek:

Instructional video showing how to service a Campagnolo Ergopower shifter? :becool:

I think that there are a couple of interesting videos that I haven't watched on YT yet. I will be watching those this evening!

carpiste

Guru
Music and how to do as well as the odd review. You can find all sorts of stuff!
I recently found how to get from the Transpennine way (river Mersey) onto the Bridgewater (canal) Way and then back onto the Transpennine Altrincham to Lymm. I couldn`t work it out from Sustrans maps but with YT I found it easily ^_^
I also have to admit to loving some of the "bullies owned" type videos ^_^

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I use it as a mix of learning and entertainment. Mostly language and linguistics, with some travel and cultural videos about Italy, my favourite place.
I've recently discovered some good audiobooks on it too and films (legitimate broadcasts, not pirated).

Come on, without YouTube how would we watch:

The Crusher crushing stuff...? :whistle:

Sheep jumping on a trampoline? :laugh:

Lunatic free slackliner goes for a stroll 290 metres up? :eek:

Instructional video showing how to service a Campagnolo Ergopower shifter? :becool:

I think that there are a couple of interesting videos that I haven't watched on YT yet. I will be watching those this evening!

I was expecting to hear a MASSIVE burp at the end of the crusher video.

matiz

Guru
I watch mostly music stuff, old motor bike restorations and cycling Mikey patrolling gandalf corner,but I'm quite partial to off duty Brazilian cops giving the perps
the asphalt temperature challenge on active self protection.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Like most it seems, I watch it for the How To videos mainly. It does a far better job than the BBC of informing, educating and entertaining anyway.

However, you have to do a fair bit of screening. A lot of creators seem to be genuinely convinced people watch for them personally and witter on inanely. I like to watch travel videos of places I may be visiting and so many are basically someone walking around with a selfie stick filming their face with the city in the blurry background. I tend to give a video 2 minutes and if they haven't got to the point or the camera has been on their face the entire time, I click away.

YouTube - fixing bikes from A to Z, bike reviews, plus a whole host of tutorial how fix, operate some features on phone, PC, cameras, cooking, home DIY etc.

History, evolution, travel, culture, are also stuff I enjoy.

I did note that most written help and reference articles in google are getting outdated as most people do YouTube to educate or help others.

What I don't like about YouTube is people virtue signalling on rescue pets, objectifying women athletes, etc.

Venod

Eh up
I watch music clips old comedy clips and how to repair things mostly, repaired TV's, phones, and various other things with YT help.
And there is always the quirky surprise to keep you entertained.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuecGZCRjZ8

it's a fantastic learning tool for me
i also like documentaries , lots of music stuff, interviews ,

i also end up watching crap sometimes and have to reign myself in, it can be a time suck!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Exactly this. Some good stuff on there, obviously a lot of pap too. But unlike TV where it is mostly pap, i can choose what i watch, when i watch...
Yes, loads of rubbish on YT but also some interesting stuff:

Science documentaries, lectures not on TV or DVD etc.
Landscape drone photography....nice to check out where you're travelling to
Comedy routines
Old TV stuff not found anywhere else
Music (found a bloke who does telly themes on his piano. His rendition of Thunderbirds is...er...FAB:whistle:)
Cycling videos - trying to guess who's a CC'er^_^
People reacting to old movies...Carpenters 1982 classic The Thing usually has the millennials reaching for the barf bucket:okay: (THAT heart defib scene!). The jump scare in Jaws is fun too:okay:.
Good to see the younger generation exploring old fart rock like Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc. They can't quite believe how it as done back in the day.....(I know some are fake, but they tend to be obvious)
Landslides, volcanoes erupting, earthquake footage (professional geologist interest)

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Yes, loads of rubbish on YT but also some interesting stuff:

Science documentaries, lectures not on TV or DVD etc.
Landscape drone photography....nice to check out where you're travelling to
Comedy routines
Old TV stuff not found anywhere else
Music (found a bloke who does telly themes on his piano. His rendition of Thunderbirds is...er...FAB:whistle:)
Cycling videos - trying to guess who's a CC'er^_^
People reacting to old movies...Carpenters 1982 classic The Thing usually has the millennials reaching for the barf bucket:okay: (THAT heart defib scene!). The jump scare in Jaws is fun too:okay:.
Good to see the younger generation exploring old fart rock like Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc. They can't quite believe how it as done back in the day.....(I know some are fake, but they tend to be obvious)
Landslides, volcanoes erupting, earthquake footage (professional geologist interest)
Another YT rabbit hole is finding stuff you had no idea your were interested in. For example, i stumbled across videos of people exploring abandoned mines. It is exceptionally interesting!

Top Bottom