Why does My Front Light Keep Going On The blink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Crap lights I am afraid.
Aye, "Dunlop Sport" is a SportsDirect house brand now, isn't it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_(brands) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Direct#Current_brands

Gone the same way as most of the old Universal marques: good while they sold off remaining pre-SD stock, then cheap cheap cheap. Occasional good value among them, especially if it's something that's difficult to screw up without it being obvious and hard to sell, but lights are easy to screw up subtly.

AndyRM

XOXO
the light is a Dunlop Sport model which i got in Sports Direct for £6 reduced in price by something like 60%

Any of you know any more about Dunlop Sport lights ?

Ignore Sports Direct 'reductions' - they have very little meaning.

Assuming your just wanting to be seen and not riding around mountains at night, a set like this is good value for money and well made. Other sets at a similar price are available, I just happen to have this one and rate it.

I have the opposite problem to OP. My rear lights keep failing, including one that was USB rechargable. The USB one wouldnt turn off or change modes, yet submerging it in water still didnt turn it off. The other ones just stopped working at all.

shadow master

the light is a Dunlop Sport model which i got in Sports Direct for £6 reduced in price by something like 60%

Any of you know any more about Dunlop Sport lights ?
The Dunlop brand that was immortalised by developing the pneumatic tyre has been well and truly shagged by sports direct,The whole range is a disgrace and should be banned,especially the pseudo bikes that have put more people off cycling than anything,brands like this have set the bike industry back 10 years....so to sum up your light was a pound land item just 600% over priced. But I'm sure someone on here will think the products are all great....!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Ignore Sports Direct 'reductions' - they have very little meaning.

Assuming your just wanting to be seen and not riding around mountains at night, a set like this is good value for money and well made. Other sets at a similar price are available, I just happen to have this one and rate it.
That's my favourite reasonably-priced light-set too!

I've two sets. The front light has a metal casing which is brilliant at that price. Mine have taken a fair bit of stick - especially the rear which catches on bike stands sometimes - and have lasted for ages. Actually I broke one of the fixings on the rear bracket but it was so well made I was able to fix it.

Top Bottom