Why don't more people.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

I've fallen out of bed once or twice. The worst time was when I dreamt I was being pushed out of a plane without a parachute and woke to find myself falling to the floor(!) - I almost cacked myself.

However, I reckon we're still mostly aware of where we are in the bed whilst we're asleep - there's always a rudimentary flow of info from our senses to the brain even whilst unconscious.

stevenb

I think its because of the cold your body would react to being exposed more. Therefore you instinctively keep yourself under the covers.

SamNichols

Melvil said:
I've fallen out of bed once or twice. The worst time was when I dreamt I was being pushed out of a plane without a parachute and woke to find myself falling to the floor(!) - I almost cacked myself.

However, I reckon we're still mostly aware of where we are in the bed whilst we're asleep - there's always a rudimentary flow of info from our senses to the brain even whilst unconscious.

On that subject, I recently fell asleep and had a dream about poking myself in the eyes with my glasses; the rest of the dream was me looking for a hospital. When I awoke I found my thumb firmly lodged in my eye socket and it was one of the most painful things that I've ever felt.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I remember as a child wanting to fall out of bed .. so I lay on the edge of the bed to go to sleep ... when I woke up I had moved over towards the middle. I was unable to fall out.

However one of my children has repeatedly fallen out of bed ... she seems to prefer sleeping in strange positions. The weirdest one was one night when she swapped and slept on the top bunk ... her sister woke to find that there was a foot hitting her head. The younger child had fallen out of the bed and was currently sleeping upright :ohmy:trapped against the wall by the top bunk rails (by the way she is 10). She is not allowed to sleep on the top bunk again.

sheddy

Legendary Member
The solution could be the continuous duvet, running over and under the bed. Wife can't pull it away. Can't fall out. Not sure how to make the join though.....

Renard

sheddy said:
The solution could be the continuous duvet, running over and under the bed. Wife can't pull it away. Can't fall out. Not sure how to make the join though.....

Patent it!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Fallen out of bed alot. One of the worst times was when we stayed in a static caravan which only had a small gap between the two beds. I rolled out in my sleeping bag and struggled to get back in bed. I often wake up, lift my head up and smack it on something like a wall, not the nicest thing to wake you up in the morning. I move around alot, and one woke up with my head and arms in the hole at the bottom of my covers.

Renard

Dave5N said:
That's a fantastic idea!

I'm so glad I got to the Patent Office first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheddy

Patent it!

Too late Nena! ;):thumbsup::blush:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I've only fell out of my bed twice in my entire life, although on one of those occasions I managed to nearly break my wrist. I think one is aware of surrounding bed etc when one is asleep. Years ago my dad was asleep and the cat came and sat on his shoulder. In the morning he told the story of how he'd had the strangest dream where his mother-in-law had been some deity and he'd been carrying pigs on his shoulder to be sacrificially slaughtered. Sleepwalking is pretty common though.

Dave5N

Über Member
Renard said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheddy

Patent it!

Too late Nena! ;):thumbsup::blush:

WHo are yer?

Top Bottom