Why don't more people.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually, very few people fall out of bed ... most are pulled out by ...................................................................................................

The Thing That Lives Under Beds

;).

Arch

Married to Night Train
sheddy said:
The solution could be the continuous duvet, running over and under the bed. Wife can't pull it away. Can't fall out. Not sure how to make the join though.....

Someone had that idea last year, on Radio 4's 'Genius' show...

As for why we don't often fall out of bed, I'd assume our past ancestry of living in trees had something to do with it. If a gorilla can nest in a tree without falling out...

ChrisKH

Guru
summerdays said:
I remember as a child wanting to fall out of bed .. so I lay on the edge of the bed to go to sleep ... when I woke up I had moved over towards the middle. I was unable to fall out.

However one of my children has repeatedly fallen out of bed ... she seems to prefer sleeping in strange positions. The weirdest one was one night when she swapped and slept on the top bunk ... her sister woke to find that there was a foot hitting her head. The younger child had fallen out of the bed and was currently sleeping upright :ohmy:trapped against the wall by the top bunk rails (by the way she is 10). She is not allowed to sleep on the top bunk again.

I shared a bunk bed with my sister, she on top me on bottom. She fell out age 8 in her sleep and broke her arm.

I have always wanted to try a saline suspension tank to see if deprived of sensation whether I was susceptible to hallucinations, etc.

Maz

Guru
Yorkshireman said:
The Thing That Lives Under Beds

:smile:.
Gawd...my childhood nightmare, that.
Used to think there was some kind of nosferatu type ghoul that lived there and would drag me under with its claw-like hands whenever i put my feet on the floor. :biggrin:

I fell out of bed years ago. It was when the World Cup (that football thing) was on, and even though I'm not into football, I was in the middle of a dream about it. So, I was running up the pitch with the ball, about to score, and I headed it towards the goal.
And that's when I headbutted the bedside cupboard, and fell out of bed.
My girlfriend at the time woke up with the commotion and spent the next hour sniggering.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Dayvo said:
TWO partners, then you'll be really safe in the middle!
now you're being silly. What's to stop the partners falling out of bed?

Mr. Hippo, I am in your debt. I've often wondered the same thing, and never had the nerve to ask.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Tony Bell said:
I fell out of bed years ago. It was when the World Cup (that football thing) was on, and even though I'm not into football, I was in the middle of a dream about it. So, I was running up the pitch with the ball, about to score, and I headed it towards the goal.
And that's when I headbutted the bedside cupboard, and fell out of bed.
My girlfriend at the time woke up with the commotion and spent the next hour sniggering.

:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom