Why, Hello everypony!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Misusawa

Hi everypony! How's you all doing!

I'm Amy, I've been cycling since i was a little kiddie. In the past i've never taken it particularly seriously, but these days i need to excersize more, so i have replaced my old mountain bike with a nice new hybrid for commuting and leisure use.

In the last few weeks i have been out on weekends with my boyfriend, dong 40 - 50 mile cycle rides. We are fairly unfit but we have managed.

We have set ourselves the goal of doing the C2C from Whitehaven to Tynemouth next month and are allowing ourselves four days to really take our time and appreciate the scenery as we go past it.

/intro

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Amy and :welcome:.

Doing 40-50 mile rides doesn't seem to match the description "fairly unfit".:whistle: It sounds like you're doing okay.

I hope you enjoy the C2C. Let us know how it goes.:thumbsup:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Misusawa/Amy :welcome: If 40 - 50 miles is regular mileage for your rides, then it's definitely "mooooore than the average bear"
Get it? No? too damn young as well as "fairly unfit" I guess :laugh: Good luck with you upcoming ride!

OP
OP
Misusawa

Misusawa

Hi Phil!! As a woman weighing in at about 85KG who hasn't taken regular excersize in the last three years i think unfit (and fat) describes me well.
I will let you know how it goes, i'm really looking forward to it. I've been practicing cycling in the rain as well to prepare ^^;

No, getagrip, 40 - 50 miles isn't average, thats our last two sundays out. we took it very easy taking about 7 hours each of those trips :biggrin:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi Amy.
You will be shifting a few kilo's cycling. I have gone from 90kg to 82 kg in a few weeks of riding (got very fat over winter). 7 hours for 40 - 50 miles sounds like a lovely ride, steady enough to watch the scenery pass and a couple of coffee stops too no doubt.

Good luck for your upcoming ride, nice to have another woman on the forums too. Cycling is great exercise, more fun than running IMO and the opportunity for vising out of the way tea shops is limitless ^_^

Where about's are you? Not your actual address, just a county would do. The nice folks on here might know some great routes for you to play on.

OP
OP
Misusawa

Misusawa

Hi Amy.
You will be shifting a few kilo's cycling. I have gone from 90kg to 82 kg in a few weeks of riding (got very fat over winter). 7 hours for 40 - 50 miles sounds like a lovely ride, steady enough to watch the scenery pass and a couple of coffee stops too no doubt.

Good luck for your upcoming ride, nice to have another woman on the forums too. Cycling is great exercise, more fun than running IMO and the opportunity for vising out of the way tea shops is limitless ^_^

Where about's are you? Not your actual address, just a county would do. The nice folks on here might know some great routes for you to play on.

Ah thats how to quote someone!!!
Hai Saluki!! Thats quite a bit weight shifted, I hope i can shift as much in so short a time!! It does make for a lovely ride, we have been packing sandwiches and stopping for picnics along the way as we go on. The scenery is a big part of cycling in the countryside for both of us... Oh and the opportunities to take lots of photo's. In fact our ride out on sunday if the weather is nicer (last sundays 45 miles in the rain wasn't so nice) is aimed at getting us to an out of the way charity tea room up at Snods Edge in county durham! A good 25 miles each way for us.

I live on Tyneside, we have a fair amounts of cycle routes that start / end here, there is lots for us to explore. Suggestions would be very welcome too :smile:

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Amy and welcome first I would not call yourself fat your just a little chubby thats all lol keep up those nice steady rides and soon you will be a normal size (what the h*ll is that then)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Hi Phil!! As a woman weighing in at about 85KG who hasn't taken regular excersize in the last three years i think unfit (and fat) describes me well

Really !!!! - I think strong, independent with self worth describes you better, so many people make excuses about why they can't exercise or get fitter and stronger, you have found a reason to do this, you have a purpose, so what if you have slipped a little, it happens to everyone.
Fall down five times, get up six.

Good luck in reclaiming your health.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Amy, welcome to cycle chat!
Well done on your distances, 40/50 miles, you are certainly fitter than you think!
Btw, you don't have to be super skinny to be fit: watch out for the "cycling legs" effect, it's sooo vexing for a lady :laugh:

madferret

Über Member
:welcome: I could only manage 4 miles on my first ride.........

Did 40 yesterday and that's within 10 days, so I think your doing fantastically well! Setting a goal like the C2C seems a great idea too, I want to do a 100 miles at some point, not sure how long it will take but having a goal helps me enormously, as does beating myself on Strava......no chance of beating anyone else, I get overtaken regularly by folks with baskets etc :cycle:

Best of luck!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Why don't you see if there is a Cycletta event anywhere near you. Ladies only sportive with distances from 12 miles to about 36 miles to ride over. They have them all over the place over the course of the summer. There is bound to one up North somewhere.

Top Bottom