Why, Hello everypony!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Hello Amy, :welcome:

I like the Derwent Walk ride from Swalwell to Rowlands Gill: a good shallow but steady incline which you can extend if you have time up to Shotley Bridge and on again to Consett- then again up the Wasklerley Way to the Park Head Cafe...if you have time, before you do the full C2C... you'll recognise it as the route off the fells on the C2C route down. The viaducts you cross over are incredible.:smile:

OP
OP
Misusawa

Misusawa

Why don't you see if there is a Cycletta event anywhere near you. Ladies only sportive with distances from 12 miles to about 36 miles to ride over. They have them all over the place over the course of the summer. There is bound to one up North somewhere.

I might look into that, but depending how friendly they are, or what days / times would swing it for me. There is also a small personal issue which might stop me from doing that too.
Hello Amy, :welcome:

I like the Derwent Walk ride from Swalwell to Rowlands Gill: a good shallow but steady incline which you can extend if you have time up to Shotley Bridge and on again to Consett- then again up the Wasklerley Way to the Park Head Cafe...if you have time, before you do the full C2C... you'll recognise it as the route off the fells on the C2C route down. The viaducts you cross over are incredible.:smile:

We are planning to go that way on sunday, starting near tynemouth where we live... We are planning to go as far as Black hill, then down through shotley bridge to the derwent resevoir, stopping for lunch at Snods edge on our return journey. A good 50 - 55 mile round trip :smile:

I actually used to cycle up that way when i was little :biggrin:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Another good loop is to take the NCR10 route from Tynemouth out past Ponteland up to Black Heddon then loop back to Stamfordham , down to Wylam, to Newburn then back along Scotswood Road down to the Quayside and home, or you can take the Keelman Way on the south side out to South Shields and get the ferry back home.

OP
OP
Misusawa

Misusawa

Another good loop is to take the NCR10 route from Tynemouth out past Ponteland up to Black Heddon then loop back to Stamfordham , down to Wylam, to Newburn then back along Scotswood Road down to the Quayside and home, or you can take the Keelman Way on the south side out to South Shields and get the ferry back home.

I actually did that yesterday, from here to town, keelmans way, newburn ponteland and back along the reivers route. It was a fun trip out

OP
OP
Misusawa

Misusawa

We'll all have to meet up sometime Amy!

Indeed, one day.

Top Bottom