Why I want discs on a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
lukesdad, the thing was you seemed to be saying disc brakes were designed to stop faster heaver vehicles so where out of place. The point is that the sort of brakes that most bikes traditionally use have also been used to stop heaver faster vehicles. The basic principle of disc brakes is sound thus all you have to do is design an application specific implementation of them, which has been done.

lukesdad

Im not saying they are out of place. I ride a range of bikes one of which is a full susser with discs (reminds me of my old motor crosser). I also have a hardtail with V s and an old rigid with good cantis,and the buz going cross country on the old rigid is something else the cantis are top drawyer and do the job perfectly.

As is being said elsewhwere in CC at the moment its quality that counts,don t confuse cheap rim brakes with the real Mcoy.

There is a tendency to over engineer everything these days,thankfully the thoroughbred road bike seems to be resisting it other than materials which is always a step forward (maybe?)

Top Bottom