Why include locked threads in the Big Cafe Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
First and foremost Rule of Engineering.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But you never know unless you try ... :thumbsup:

It seems the 'don't count new posts' has been retroactively applied by the software, which wasn't intentional and will be reversed. It also seems that the switch to count posts cannot be applied to future posts only, so I've switched it back on.

The main aim in moving the threads was to give more room to general / daily new Cafe threads; I agree that the large threads are part of the CC community, but they are also specific to small number of regulars who post in them.

The threads are just as easy to find as before; you still get alerts; you still see them in the New Posts results - so you shouldn't have any trouble using them just the same way you always have, but if it doesn't work out I'll put them back.

Let's give it a week or so and see how it works out. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
But you never know unless you try ... :thumbsup:

It seems the 'don't count new posts' has been retroactively applied by the software, which wasn't intentional and will be reversed. It also seems that the switch to count posts cannot be applied to future posts only, so I've switched it back on.

The main aim in moving the threads was to give more room to general / daily new Cafe threads; I agree that the large threads are part of the CC community, but they are also specific to small number of regulars who post in them.

The threads are just as easy to find as before; you still get alerts; you still see them in the New Posts results - so you shouldn't have any trouble using them just the same way you always have, but if it doesn't work out I'll put them back.

Let's give it a week or so and see how it works out. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Pssst I am not getting alerts for the cupboard threads.... Is it just me?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Whys that.
You notice everything on CC :ph34r: could make one (not me :biggrin:) self conscious of posting drivel :whistle:

TVC

Quick suggestion, the title "Big threads" doesn't seem very inviting to new visitors, and the reason some of these threads have survived so long is an influx of new blood happy to join in. So coming from the view that Marketing is everything, how about naming it "Games and Continuing Topics" or such, at least newbies and casual visitors will understand what awaits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom