Why is BB still clicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andsaw

I started to get some clicking and sounded like my headset, so i replaced both headset bearings and even changed stem, still clicking so replaced wheelsmfr adapter bearings, i got new chain and cassette and even tightened up skewers on zonda wheels and play in bearings and still clicking like mad more so when im out of the seat so not seat or post related and when i start to put pressure on the pedals i even regreased bearings on 105 pedals and cleaned threads and regreased, so i have done everything possible, bike is supersix evo, no cracks in the frame, the only thing that hasn't been changed is the crank which is 105, im at a loss as to what to do now, apart from putting loctite 641 between the crank and bearing surface, any more ideas.

vickster

Legendary Member
Pressfit B.B.? Maybe it needs replacing if greasing isn’t sorting...or converting away from PF if possible

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

Yes its pressfit but the adapter half's screw together eliminating the pressfit side of things, i always grease up when putting back together.

KneesUp

Guru
I thought my bb was clicking but it was the chainring bolts - three of the five were loose. Tightened them up and it's silent again.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

I have a lezyne flow cage and solid, my last one was a bit flimsy and the bottle used to flap against the downtube when going over bumps that took a while to suss out,
I have a newish 105 crank spare and have bunged that on to try just in case the other one has worn down but won't be able to try until Friday,
I have a praxis converter as well but will leave that to last chance scenario as when fitted wasn't sure if that started to click as that was around the same time my headset was clicking a few years ago and chanced the wheels mfr one and has been great until now.

Top Bottom