Why is Brewdog IPA such a good beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I think what Brewdog have done is open up the ‘artisan’ brewing business, with lots of IPA-led offers from small breweries all over the place.

I like Brewdog stuff mostly - not a fan of Jackhammer, which is just too bitter for me, but I can deal with the others. It did turn me on to modern IPAs though, meaning I have tried lots of alternatives over lockdown. I usually have some Brewdog in the fridge though, as a familiar default.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
A quick plug for thornbridge jaipur.
Sold by some spoons sometimes.
Have recently discovered a london one which seems to have a pipeline to the brewery.
Perfect start to a touring day with a breakfast. Guaranteees a warm orange glow to the morning.
https://thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/beer/jaipur/
Ignore the tin. Drink it on draught.
Describes it as fruity there admitedly but not in my experience like some of the abominations.

Interesting beer to reference in a Punk IPA thread - the recipe for Jaipur was developed by Martin Dickie (co-founder of Brewdog) and the original recipes for both beers were very similar.

Interesting beer to reference in a Punk IPA thread - the recipe for Jaipur was developed by Martin Dickie (co-founder of Brewdog) and the original recipes for both beers were very similar.
interesting.
I'll be sticking to the draught Jaipur at £2.19 a pint though.

Cyclists' breakfast.

What are those wobbly white things xx(
eggs probably a bit out of focus or subject to jaipur wobble - can assure you they tasted just fine - have had my fill of art on a plate in my youth - these days i care as much for dinner party food competition presentation as I do for the presentation of my touring set-up - function is the thing.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
For those who don't drink, their alcohol free (well, 0.5%) version "Nanny State" is really good. I don't know how they've managed that, because most low/alcohol free beers I've had are a tasteless joke.
Including Brew Dog's own "Punk AF" low alcohol version of Punk IPA. "Nanny State" is indeed OK but I'd drink Jever Fun in preference because:

They've had a couple of sketchy incidents with smaller breweries, which haven't been cool though.
They've had a couple of reported sketchy incidents in their recruitment process around allegedly taking creative work done as an aptitude test and then using it without paying.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
eggs probably a bit out of focus or subject to jaipur wobble - can assure you they tasted just fine - have had my fill of art on a plate in my youth - these days i care as much for dinner party food competition presentation as I do for the presentation of my touring set-up - function is the thing.

More distance needed between the egg and the beans. You may want to mix them but you want that to be your decision. Use the sausage as a breakwater.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I didn't know we had a restuarant reviewer amongst us!
Careful you'll start the red sauce versus brown sauce row off again.

matter of opinion. I have never seen it sold in keg?? Mine view is its okay for those who don't like flavour. They also sell it in cans, a crime against humanity.

AndyRM

XOXO
Including Brew Dog's own "Punk AF" low alcohol version of Punk IPA. "Nanny State" is indeed OK but I'd drink Jever Fun in preference because:

They've had a couple of reported sketchy incidents in their recruitment process around allegedly taking creative work done as an aptitude test and then using it without paying.

It was Punk AF I was thinking about, funnily enough the subject of one of the accusations about stealing work too.

Lost AF is good too, as is Jever Fun, but then the German breweries are miles ahead of everyone when it comes to alcohol free beer.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom