Why is Brewdog IPA such a good beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry that's not what I mean by keg, I mean on the pump in the pub.

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at the link that is a 2 litre can. Not cask
Huh? A pub locally to me sells on tap if that's what you were asking? Don't think Punk IPA is a cask beer but comes to pubs in a metal keg? But you asked if it's sold in kegs...yes if you're a pub...most drinkers buy in bottles/cans (in a pub or supermarket) or on tap in a half or pint glass.
(or are you a publican and want to start selling in your establishment?)

Last edited:

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Look at the link that is a 2 litre can. Not cask

You originally said "keg", but now "cask". They're two different things.

Punk IPA on draught is packaged in kegs (metal or plastic). This lead to a spat Brewdog had with Camra a few years ago when Camra cancelled Brewdog's appearance at GBBF.

Brewdog have released a cask version of Brewdog, but I'm not sure how widely available it is.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
I drink mainly Brewdog Punk AF nowadays.Nanny State and Hazy Jane AF are ok.
I discovered Infinite AFs recently.Very nice they are too:okay:
https://infinitesession.com/
Some Tescos stock them.

We have a Brewdog bar here in Sheffield....I must visit sometime!

bitsandbobs

Über Member
The Brewdog one I really liked was Hardcore IPA. It used to be one of their core beers, but I'm not sure if they even brew it at all these days.

Loads of chewy malt to balance an aggressive amount of hopping and a 9% ABV is was quite potent. This was prior to the trend for extreme dry hopping, so it was pretty bitter. Definitely the Brewdog beer I've enjoyed the most.

I'm in a minority clearly but I think it tastes really foul, all hops and nothing else, although that's very much the fashion right now isn't it. There's loads of beers that parrot this new American/ West Coast IPA style, all tasting of grapefruit peel and flowers, or something.
I'm also not keen on Brewdog's "tiny independent, just a couple of lads, sticking it to the man and the big brewers" schtick... it might have been true once but they're a very, very big, corporate brewery these days.

But to each his own, I'm glad if you like it!
I will drink it but I'd not choose it over a pint of mild or bitter.:biggrin:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I will drink it but I'd not choose it over a pint of mild or bitter.:biggrin:
Oh I fully agree, I'd drink it if there was nothing else, but it's in my bottom ten beers of all time.
Let's face it, even bad beer is still beer.

I'm not wholly against the style either, there's a California IPA knocking about (Sierra Nevada I think) that's nice on a warm day. Punk is just nasty though, it tastes like a combination of damp dishcloth and grapefruit.

The Brewdog one I really liked was Hardcore IPA. It used to be one of their core beers, but I'm not sure if they even brew it at all these days.

Loads of chewy malt to balance an aggressive amount of hopping and a 9% ABV is was quite potent. This was prior to the trend for extreme dry hopping, so it was pretty bitter. Definitely the Brewdog beer I've enjoyed the most.
I had to stop drinking it because the chewy malt gummed up my dentures.

stephec

Legendary Member

That was lovely stuff, as is the 9.2% Mr President.

Jackhammer has been a long time favourite of mine as well, but not so easy to find in the shops for a while until Morrison's started selling it in 440ml cans.

And the latest one of theirs, Double Punk, is a 8.2% beauty, a bit too moorish for my liver though. 😊

Milzy

Guru
To a true real/craft ale fan Brewdog is not amazing, alright when there’s nothing else better.

Top Bottom