Why is carbon fibre so addictive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotty110788

Just wanted standard all round bike so baught Boardman comp hybrid, got taste of carbon water bottle cage, ordered new one for side bar then just ordered CF risers, stem, seatpost and endbars with other CF accesseries in-line :eek:. Cant stop myself even though i know i should!

Anyone else just want to constantly upgrade there bike even though no need to?

snorri

Legendary Member
No, can't say I've ever had such urges.

OP
OP
scotty110788

scotty110788

must just be me for CF, i dont feel that bad after seeing what people have done/spent on there bikes of this forum which i guess is a plus. Suppose Its like doing a car up really, pimping it out :becool:

Bicycle

well thats my full custom carbon bike idea thread out the window before i get hate mail :tongue:

Not hate mail. Never hate mail. Each to his own.

I'm with TotallyFixed on this and I love steel, but there's no right or wrong about it. (Apart from the fact that I'm never wrong)

I'd be interested to see that Custom Carbon thread. Do it.

I notice that my most recent allie road bikes have a surprising amount of carbon in them, but somehow invisibly...

I'm nervous even tightening my seat post when it's carbon... and crashing (which I've been known to do).

I have a steel frame that's been straightened twice (cold press). You can't do that with Carbon.

Carbon is great, but it's not for a bodger and crasher like me.

Just you Scotty; I've never felt the urge to spend £xxx on a carbon water bottle cage but each to their own.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I would like to change the alu bars on my TCR for carbon, but it won't be for a while yet.
I was determined to buy a standard bottle holder, and I did (albeit in Red) rather than pay out for a carbon one too but as above, it's all personal choice :smile:

Chrisz

Über Member
Just wanted standard all round bike so baught Boardman comp hybrid, got taste of carbon water bottle cage, ordered new one for side bar then just ordered CF risers, stem, seatpost and endbars with other CF accesseries in-line :eek:. Cant stop myself even though i know i should!

Nope - not just you mate. I have a serious CF fetish! Water bottle cages, monocoque handlebar/stem, computer mount, brake calipers, seatpost, wheels, saddle. At present there is nothing on my bike that can't be CF. Now I hunt for lighter, prettier parts - I simply love the feel and look of CXF, especially if it's well laquered and polished.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope - not just you mate. I have a serious CF fetish! Water bottle cages, monocoque handlebar/stem, computer mount, brake calipers, seatpost, wheels, saddle. At present there is nothing on my bike that can't be CF. Now I hunt for lighter, prettier parts - I simply love the feel and look of CXF, especially if it's well laquered and polished.

I'm with you on that one Brother...

snailracer

Über Member

Next you'll be throwing away your biros, so you can "upgrade" to a graphite pencil ;)

Top Bottom