Why is my rear derailleur like this???!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

RSV_Ecosse said:
LOL....no worries. I'm fine using the gears but when it comes to adjusting anything or servicing the thing I just haven't got the know-how or experience to do so. I suppose this will come with time.

Strange thing is I can service and repair a 1000cc Superbike without batting an eyelid. I removed and rebuilt my rear Ohlins shock last month so it's not that I'm a complete mechanical failure. Except when it comes to cycling. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

how ya doin then ? :biggrin:

push bikes are not too bad to set up once you appreciate how fussy the STi setup is. You need to be very very precise with cable tension/friction and component alignment .

Let us know how you get on. There is sure to be someone near you that can ride over and help.

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Hi folks,

Apologies for vanishing off the face of the forums and not replying, very rude of me after all the advice offered, sorry!!. Had a busy weekend and didn't get a minute to myself.

Anyway, I did what was suggested and removed a few links from the chain. I took 4 out and now its as sweet as a nut. Not catching anywhere on the derailleur and shifting perfectly, even smoother compared to before. The damn thing must have been far too long right from the start when I fitted it months ago and I've been riding around with it like that up till now, wondering why it wasn't shifting through the gears smoother.....DOH!!.

She's going in for a wee service soon so any fine tuning of the gears will be done then but I'm just glad I've got the chain the right length at long last. :sad:

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice, really appreciate it and it's what makes these forums such a great place to post on!!. Ta!!!.

@Speck I was lucky to get Tiagra, never mind Shimano vs Campy. I believe the 2009 FP1's ended up with Sora instead of Tiagra ( mine is an '08 bike ). Hardly a massive jump in spec but still worth having over Sora I think?. Anyway, I'm hoping Santa is good to me this year and leaves a full Ultegra groupset for me. :evil:

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
RSV_Ecosse said:
Hi folks,

@Speck I was lucky to get Tiagra, never mind Shimano vs Campy. I believe the 2009 FP1's ended up with Sora instead of Tiagra ( mine is an '08 bike ). Hardly a massive jump in spec but still worth having over Sora I think?. Anyway, I'm hoping Santa is good to me this year and leaves a full Ultegra groupset for me. :angry:

Only joking, I have Campag on my road bike (only Veloce) and Shimano on my Sirrus.

Campag's better though :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom