Why is the site allowing constant twitter posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Maybe a block on these random tweets would be a good idea.
Certain members spend all day posting this tripe..

If you have an opinion, fine, but do we need to keep seeing none members rants on twitter here?

Maybe we need a poll on what we can post via other social media..

Just a thought, it might actually stop certain posters pedalling their agendas.

Slick

Guru
Hit ignore. 👍

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Isn't it true that twitter only takes in 20% of the population? To echo Bismarck, twitter is not public opinion. Those using twitter tend to gather people of similar opinion who, in agreeing with them, enable the illusion that 'everybody thinks like this'.

Some tweets, especially on the eternal Brexit thread, can be interesting, but excessive reference to this perhaps ought to be discouraged without being outright banned. How's that for good old British compromise?

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Glad its not just me who's sick of it.

@Pale Rider :laugh:. Top answer

winjim

Smash the cistern
Maybe a block on these random tweets would be a good idea.
Certain members spend all day posting this tripe..

If you have an opinion, fine, but do we need to keep seeing none members rants on twitter here?

Maybe we need a poll on what we can post via other social media..

Just a thought, it might actually stop certain posters pedalling their agendas.
I dunno, I disagree with you about some things so I tried to have a discussion with you. You told me I was wrong for having an opinion which I don't even hold and then flounced from the thread. So as someone who posts a fair few twitter links which I find interesting, if I am 'peddling an agenda' or even just expressing an opinion, which you say is 'fine', then I'm obviously doing it really badly as you certainly haven't understood it and are anyway unwilling to engage.

Rocky

Hello decadence
It doesn’t bother me - like most of the stuff on social media, there’s good things, there’s bad things, there’s things I agree with and things I don’t agree with. If people don’t like something, best thing is to ignore it.

Let’s not forget, just because someone posts their own thoughts, it doesn’t necessarily make them more valid, reliable or relevant than a link to a Tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom