Why is the site allowing constant twitter posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Don't think I've ever seen one which has done that. Why can't the poster share his own thoughts directly rather than channel them through some twit on Twitter?
I’d be happy to refer you to a few helpful, informative tweets......but I suspect in doing that you’d feel I was compounding the problem.

Twitter is no different in quality to CC or FB. There’s some stunning stuff from well informed commentators and there’s dross.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Don't think I've ever seen one which has done that. Why can't the poster share his own thoughts directly rather than channel them through some twit on Twitter?
Not everybody perceives and processes particular forms of language and communication in the same way.

Your pronouns are off, btw.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!

No need to thank f*uk just his stylist.
As one Twitter user commented after his confident performance on BBC1’s Question Time on Friday evening, it is a very skilled individual who has “turned the Corbyn look from a freight train-jumping hobo into a vaguely credible-looking adult”.
If I’m reading this right, the op doesn’t like Twitter so wants it banned across the whole forum rather than ignore it themselves?. I’ve heard hiding in a fridge works.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I think you are reading the wrong tweets. Try following:

Chris Boardman
Cervelo
Geraint Thomas
Mark Cavendish
Robert G Macfarlane
Jim Al Khalili
Brian Cox

That’s a start. I’m happy to give you more names if you’d like.
Sorry i just do not do twitter.:okay::okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It doesn’t bother me - like most of the stuff on social media, there’s good things, there’s bad things, there’s things I agree with and things I don’t agree with. If people don’t like something, best thing is to ignore it.

Let’s not forget, just because someone posts their own thoughts, it doesn’t necessarily make them more valid, reliable or relevant than a link to a Tweet.

If only everyone thought like that!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
IMHO, twitter links come from the mouths of actual people, rather than news stories. So I think tweets are more "accurate" then a journalistic article from an online newspaper, where you might get quotes but largely it's the journalist who's interpreted it and written around it.

The root cause, if you can call it that, is not where the link is derived from, but it's the way in which people use links to validate their opinion. I have noticed that people tend to give more credence to a tweet than they do from a DM link. But we are all free to do that from whichever source we choose. So if you ban one form of quoting/linking then you'd need to ban them all.

Nothing is stopping anyone from replying to a quoted Tweet and saying "I don't agree with that".

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Maybe because the poster thinks the twit on twatter expresses a view or thought more succinctly. Also, you see who is making the comment in context and the tone employed. I don’t think it’s at epedemic proportions yet on CC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I dunno, I disagree with you about some things so I tried to have a discussion with you. You told me I was wrong for having an opinion which I don't even hold and then flounced from the thread. So as someone who posts a fair few twitter links which I find interesting, if I am 'peddling an agenda' or even just expressing an opinion, which you say is 'fine', then I'm obviously doing it really badly as you certainly haven't understood it and are anyway unwilling to engage.

We dont agree on anything much.
Your a left winger, I'm not.
If I’m reading this right, the op doesn’t like Twitter so wants it banned across the whole forum rather than ignore it themselves?. I’ve heard hiding in a fridge works.

No your reading it wrong.
Ban is a bit harsh

Merely a lot less, maybe 1-2 a day not constant..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom