Why is the site allowing constant twitter posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I know. That's why I know I can give you a ragging sometimes and it's all good.

Or at least I hope it is...
Did you say something ?

Jody

Stubborn git
Personally I don't find political labels particularly helpful. Like Chris Rock said, there's some things I'm conservative about, some things I'm liberal about. Come to me with a specific policy or idea and I'll have a think about it, but I'm not going to accept or reject something just because it's been branded left or right wing.

I couldn't agree more with that Winjim.

As for Twitter. Not sure it's a big issue posting links on the site. Is it due to their content?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've only ever seen Twitter posts on here as useful. I generally only see it used for cycling team announcements, latest news, riders giving their insight or funnies on a particular race, or providing the insight/humour of commentators like Michael Hutchinson. Or sometimes for random funnies. All good.

For example in the Tour stage that was shortened due to landslides this year, the people in Wanty team car were posting pictures of the landslides before any of the TV pictures or other news was available.

I think it would be a retrograde step to ban them.

Last edited:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I've only ever seen Twitter posts on here as useful. I generally only see it used for cycling team announcements, latest news, riders giving their insight or funnies on a particular race, or providing the insight/humour of commentators like Michael Hutchinson. Or sometimes for random funnies. All good.

For example in the Tour stage that was shortened due to landslides this year, the people in Wanty team car were posting pictures of the landslides before any of the TV pictures or other news was available.

I think it would be a retrograde step to ban them.
This. Twitter moves quickly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Twitter moves quickly.
It certainly does... I came back into Hebden Bridge once after a ride and the road I wanted to ride down had been shut by the police. I got home and checked for news and somebody had tweeted about it 10 minutes after the 'accident' had happened. (An idiot motorist had driven the wrong way into a one-way car park, slammed the car into reverse when confronted by a car going the right way, and backed over a child walking behind the car.)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I dont think this site should be used as a political mouthpiece, just so we're clear.

Especially as anything other than the minority view on here is instantly condemned..
Just stop following the political section of the forum... it's not hard.
As a utility cyclist, I'm not interested in cycling as a sport so I don't look at any of those forums.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Well the twitter offenders have spoken

Im not on twitter, so therefore would struggle to share anything from there.

However, I still find some shares informative, some dull, some funny, some downright depressing.

They're just other voices from elsewhere, variably well informed, but also offering other perspectives.

You can choose to ignore people, or whole threads, or not.

I find some ppls opinions on here, nothing short of offensive.

But I still find it useful to see them.

Just so I know what certain 'men in the street, on bicycles' are thinking.

It's enlightening to me.

The fact that some people will choose to put me on ignore, or ignore my points, however clearly, and politely they are made, is a bit annoying at times yes, but it's not something that is an outrageously unusual happenstance either.

:okay:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Edwarko... :rolleyes:

Spookily I had a convo with #2 son about the 'OK Boomer' expression, whilst planting salad just now.

To be certain that the demographics were accurate, if it were to be used .

I'm a gen-Xer so they can't touch me :becool:
I fall in the gap between genX and Millennials and with a massively looming age milestone that I refuse to acknowledge. I think the disdain for boomers transcends generations.

I find some ppls opinions on here, nothing short of offensive.

But I still find it useful to see them.

Just so I know what certain 'men in the street, on bicycles' are thinking.
Yes, I find it useful to listen to people that I am ideologically opposed to, so long as they're sincere.
Plurality of viewpoint and all that. Blocking just makes the filter bubble that much worse.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I fall in the gap between genX and Millennials and with a massively looming age milestone that I refuse to acknowledge. I think the disdain for boomers transcends generations.

Yes, I find it useful to listen to people that I am ideologically opposed to, so long as they're sincere.
Plurality of viewpoint and all that. Blocking just makes the filter bubble that much worse.

I even find the insincere points made, useful too, it all helps in building up a picture of the thoughts and feelings, and insecurities and anxieties perhaps, of one's fellow humans.

Also you forgot to mention that posting tweets on forums makes you irresitably attractive to the opposite / same / all sexes*.

*Delete according to your proclivities.

It's one reason I had to stop doing it... :whistle:

Ps if it's forty don't stress, it's fine, if fifty it's finerer still :bicycle:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Personally I don't find political labels particularly helpful. Like Chris Rock said, there's some things I'm conservative about, some things I'm liberal about. Come to me with a specific policy or idea and I'll have a think about it, but I'm not going to accept or reject something just because it's been branded left or right wing.

Ageist retorts aren't to helpful either. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom