Why is the site allowing constant twitter posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
And have you listened and learnt?

Have you

Rocky

Hello decadence
I have - thanks, I've found the thread really informative. Thank you for starting it. As you'll know, I tend to post my own thoughts and rarely quote Twitter. I am on Twitter, though and find it provides some useful bits of information and entertainment.

I already knew that CC has a diverse range of posters in terms of political standpoint, willingness to engage in a serious manner, experiences, demographics and willingness to help others. This thread has been like a microcosm of social media for highlighting that.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
No your reading it wrong.
Ban is a bit harsh

Merely a lot less, maybe 1-2 a day not constant..
I think I read it right but I appreciate the clarification of what you meant. I disagree with a limit, especially as I feel it seems to.l be a reaction to one event. practically it’s probably a lot of work for questionable gains, either in programming effort or moderation time.

The result would be people quoting tweets rather than a reduction in tweet info At least this way You can critique the source.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I dont think this site should be used as a political mouthpiece, just so we're clear.

Especially as anything other than the minority view on here is instantly condemned..
......and that is an entirely separate issue from the use of Twitter. It is also unlikely that a sub-forum called News and Current Affairs would ever be 'politics' free.

I'd also be careful about trying to censor minority views. That leads to a very unsavoury place.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I dont think this site should be used as a political mouthpiece, just so we're clear.

Especially as anything other than the minority view on here is instantly condemned..
I tried to discuss your views with you and you flounced. And I see you're still calling me a 'left-winger' which I'm not entirely sure I am. So 🤷‍♂️

Jody

Stubborn git
I'm impressed that we've so far shown massive restraint in not just bombarding this thread with a mass of 'OK Boomer' tweets.

I'd hope the members of CC would rise above that as 'OK Boomer' is such a pathetic retort.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Left winger...what a horrible slur.Ive been banned of quite a few threads for less.
Personally I don't find political labels particularly helpful. Like Chris Rock said, there's some things I'm conservative about, some things I'm liberal about. Come to me with a specific policy or idea and I'll have a think about it, but I'm not going to accept or reject something just because it's been branded left or right wing.

Adam4868

Guru
Personally I don't find political labels particularly helpful. Like Chris Rock said, there's some things I'm conservative about, some things I'm liberal about. Come to me with a specific policy or idea and I'll have a think about it, but I'm not going to accept or reject something just because it's been branded left or right wing.
I don't really care much either way,I don't take much offence to what anyone says on the internet.I might if it was said to my face....but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom