Why no mudguards for road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
Bodhbh said:
What seems to put alot of people off them is the aesthetics. Is there not some high-end guards which somehow actually look good? Seems a real gap in the market. It's like alot of people dislike the look of racks, can see the point in general, but those minimalist Tubus racks are functional friggin works of art.

Can't believe I missed this one - SKS bluemels are far more sleek/sexy compared to the regular P35's.

GoldenAxe I dont think you`re barmy.I`ve got a new Carrera Vituoso and was also looking for an alternative to fit mudguards. SKS come with a rubberfitting and have a full cover over the back wheel.Only after seeing them on a other bike,did i decide to order them. The shop probike has a lot accessories http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=A1211. I hope this helps,it wont add much weight to a good bike
regards Derek

Mike Rudkin

Hmm,on my Trek 1.2 I have fitted a rack which acts like a mudguard as far as water on my back is concerned.It also allows me to have a small Altura bag to carry those essentials. I don't have anything on the front yet-but after reading these posts I think I'll try a Race Blade.I don't really mind getting wet,nor do I care much how 'cool' I am percieved to be.
This is my first Road Bike for many,many yrs and wet or dry I love it !!

Randochap

Senior hunter
Put in any distance on a mudguardless bike and you will find your love affair waning very quickly.

Race blades are next to useless, but better than nothing if you can't fit full fenders. "Audax" bikes are the perfect balance of comfort and speed and most come w/ eyelets and clearance for mudguards.

There are even carbon versions out there.

Top Bottom