Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kris

Here's my Dad's old Townsend 'Triathlon'; rescued from the shed to transport me wherever I may need to go in hassle and worry-free simplicity.

Nitto Bullhorns & Stem,
Stronglight Cranks,
TA Ring & EAI Cog =ing 72"

Si

barq said:
Your conversion I assume? I did something similar with my Trek (I'll post a picture later in the day). I'm trying to identify the forks - what are they?

The forks are Girvan (who later became ProFlex) Cross Links. They stopped making them ages ago, alas, as they were very good for their day: light, great tracking and a tunable travel path so that they didn't activate when honking out the saddle up a hill.

barq

Si said:
The forks are Girvan (who later became ProFlex) Cross Links. They stopped making them ages ago, alas, as they were very good for their day: light, great tracking and a tunable travel path so that they didn't activate when honking out the saddle up a hill.

Ah interesting - you learning something new everyday around here.

Pottsy

Here's mine, another Pomp.

grahampotts

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Yup. It's under the lacquer layer which covers the whole frame. (As far as I can tell).

I bought those yellow wheels and then decided the frame had to be yellow too. And then it all got horribly out of control when I found that SJS were selling yellow tyres at a discount...

After that, the head badge just seemed inevitable.

After I grafted on the new trackends (it had dropouts), I realised that trackends set the rear wheel a bit higher than the dropouts had, so that the rear wheel fouled the brake bridge. (With me so far?...) So I had to hack out the rear brake bridge, patch over the holes and braze in a new brake bridge. You can make out the patches in the middle pic if you look carefully.

That's when I found out how hard it is to drill a small hole in the back side of the brake bridge, and a larger one in from the front side (to take the recessed brake bolt). There's not much room for a drill between the seat stays and seat tube...

gkerr4

Here's mine - Peejay loves these!

Just got it yesterday (thursday) - had a ride on it in singlespeed mode, then changed it to fixed. did about 18miles on it today to see what it was like - kinda cool - I like it, although decending at speed is a bit of a strange feeling!

P1000737.jpg

P1000739.jpg

Mr Phoebus

Nice frame, Firestarter. Did you do the room out to match it? :ohmy:

Is that a toy snake above the tools on the seagrass chest?

Top Bottom