Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Heres mine
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=K2wDoLHl8xw8WQ8BAvbzxg==
Pearson Touche that's just over two years old, running a 44x17 on 700cx28 to give me a gear about 70 inches. Used all year round as a commuter and general run about and in the winter it does club runs as well. At the moment I have the front wheel of my Dawes on it, I have one front wheel between two bikes at the moment. I had problems with the Pearson with the front brake juddering, traced the problem to the front wheel and had the bearings changed, this proved a temporary solution and the judder came back so I am going to replace the wheel. Apart from that its been very good, my favourite bike.

D4VOW

Click on my sig to see mine :laugh:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Current commuter- Singlecross, 70" fixed (but it was singlespeed when the picture was taken)

RIMG0002-1.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The 39/15 single-speed bike which I keep in the midlands to ride there on my frequent trips back to visit my family.

single-speed-bike-salcey-forest.jpg

I borrowed the steel Basso frame/forks and wheels from a mate who has emigrated. (He didn't want to sell them and was storing them in my cellar.) Most of the other bits came from my junk box. All I had to buy were the cables and a seat post. Total cost was only £25! :smile:

giantscr2.0

Thanks for doing that fixedwheelnut and thanks for your comment

BigSteev

The Plug is currently undergoing a bit of refurbishment and hopefully should be ready about mid-February but in the meantime this has arrived.
4212380397_441738c104_b.jpg

Still need to play with the set up a bit, but it's a bit awkward finding somewhere safe to ride brakeless in order to do so. Hopefully it'll be dry over New Year and I can have a play.

tyred

Legendary Member
1977 Carlton SS

3303051891_9a265b1137_b.jpg

46t unidentified cottered crankset, 18t SA freewheel, Weinmann centre pull brakes, Raleigh north road bars, 27 x 1 1/4" wheels, Wrights leather saddle. Mudguards and toeclips weren't installed when I took that pic. My favourite bike, I covered almost 2000 miles on it last year.

tyred

Legendary Member
yashicamat said:
Very elegant bike there tyred! Slightly painful looking saddle angle though!

I had problems with the saddle angle to begin with. I kept slipping off it if I put it where I thought it should be but it's okay now that the old leather has softened up again.

armand71

my version of a single speed

Hi, I'm new here and Canadian.... sorry. I thought I would post a picture of one of the many single speeds I have built up. It is a 1950's Columbia cruiser with 27" wheels, the rear has a coaster brake. The head tube was stretched considerably, so with a little machining the 1 1/8" Kona P2 forks and threadless headset fit perfectly. The cranks are Rino with a sealed bottom bracket, and a host of other new parts.

DSC00289.jpg

Wocce Racer

My 1991 Red Emperor Sport. I do believe it is the last frame built by Mick Coward for anyone other than himself.

It is Reynolds 531C tubing, Campag Piste hubs, single Campagnolo road chainset with 177mm cranks (they did everything in those days), Hope titanium bottom bracket which is still running smoothly, Campagnolo Record brake, Cinelli bars and stem, Campagnolo Super Record seat pin (now replaced). It weighs 18lbs. A lovely bike that handles beautifully.

Top Bottom