Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Farky

Hi,

Here's my langster which I use daily to and from work. Since using a fixed, I don't think I would commute on anything else!

SnowbikesandacoupleofDaisy021.jpg

SnowbikesandacoupleofDaisy012.jpg

Viner as well

SnowbikesandacoupleofDaisy011.jpg

Enso108

Formerly OselLing
Here's mine. Got rid of the dropped bars as I found I was hardly ever using them.

RedBike

Here we go..
Road bike. Rideback Solo World.
Picts0459.jpg

and MTB. Kona 2-9.

I'm not sure but I think they're both fixed wheel in the pictures. Perhaps the MTB isn't. It looks like i've got a rear brake.

IMAGE_883.jpg

Farky

hulver said:
Chain Tyre's a bit slack!

They were at the end of their life (3 punctures on one ride) hence new ones fitted in the first picture.

My Single Speed bike

Good evening all

This is my Single Speed Bike which is I have had it about 15 months now. I use for strictly commuting only - around 15 miles a day.

Since I bought it I have upgraded the components when I have an extra few quid - which is not too often these days. I have never paid full retail price for any of the upgraded bits. I keep a look out for bargains, second hand or new, on Ebay, Wiggle, Rutland - anywhere really.

I am not sure how much longer I can keep riding as my arthritic old knees are just about knackered. I have been toying with the idea of getting a road bike with gears to make a little easier pedaling. The thought of going back to using public transport is depressing to say the least.

The current spec is as follows:

Bob Jackson Steel 631 Frame
Shimano Ultegra brakes
Shimano XTR Brake Levers
Miche Xpress Wheels
White Industries 17T Freewheel
Ritchey WCS Riser Handlebars
Ritchey WCS Headset
Ritchey WCS Seat Post
Ritchey WCS Handlebar Stem
Sram Truvativ Omnium Single Speed 48T 170mm Chainset
Sram GXP Bottom Bracket
DMR V12 Pedals
KMC Chain
Brooks Swift Saddle

dscn0098l.jpg

OselLing said:
Bernie nice comfortable looking bike, are they crud roadracer mudgruards, do you recommend them?

Thank you!

Yes, they are the Crud Roadracer. I think they are pretty good. Very light as you can imagine and pretty easy to fit. When I first put them on and went out for a ride - they broke after 20 mins. A small twig got caught between the mudguard & the wheel - and one of the arms snapped off where it connects to the blade. I emailed the Crud people and they sent a free replacement inside 2 days. Great customer service! That was 3 months ago and I have no trouble since other than one of the screws working their way loose.

Personally I think they are worth getting. Ribble were selling them at just under 20 quid a while back. My LBS sells them for £27.95.

Enso108

Formerly OselLing
bernieUK said:
Thank you!

Yes, they are the Crud Roadracer. I think they are pretty good. Very light as you can imagine and pretty easy to fit. When I first put them on and went out for a ride - they broke after 20 mins. A small twig got caught between the mudguard & the wheel - and one of the arms snapped off where it connects to the blade. I emailed the Crud people and they sent a free replacement inside 2 days. Great customer service! That was 3 months ago and I have no trouble since other than one of the screws working their way loose.

Personally I think they are worth getting. Ribble were selling them at just under 20 quid a while back. My LBS sells them for £27.95.

Thanks Bernie I think I'll invest in a pair, you hardly notice them on the bike.

Happiness Stan

alecstilleyedye said:
is that an innovative use for an old pair of forks?

YES! FOOK YES!! The frame is a complete nonsense and that would make sense. The frame has, get this, track geometry, track ends but with drilled fork crowns, mountings and guides for gear cables and a rear derailleur.

I suspect it is an amatuerish attempt to make a track bike which was then bodged to take gears and brakes. Might be ok for grass tracking in the summer though.

Top Bottom